Trestman needs to take a page out of Carroll’s book and trust his eyes when deciding who’s in the lineup.
D.J. Moore is no more in Chicago.
Bears offensive lineman J’Marcus Webb has been arrested on drug charges.
Bears offensive line coach Mike Tice got the message.
The Bears play host to a familiar foe led by a familiar face this Sunday.
Here’s what Laurence Holmes saw, heard and was told since the Bears lost to the San Francisco 49ers Monday night.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears matchup against the Cowboys on Monday Night Football.
The Dallas Cowboys are an enigma.
If that was the “get well” game many expected for the Bears, we can conclude that the patient is still in need of observation.
Major Wright returned an interception 45 yards for a touchdown, and the Chicago Bears beat the St. Louis Rams 23-6 on Sunday.
Finally! Peace and quiet around Halas Hall as the focus shifts to Sunday’s visit from the St. Louis.
Add teammate D.J. Moore to the list of those displeased with Jay Cutler’s actions during the Bears’ loss to the Packers on Thursday night.
Cutler’s actions prompted one Super-Bowl-winning coach to suggest that if he doesn’t change his ways, the Bears may have to consider making a change at quarterback.
Since the Bears fells 23-10 to Packers on Thursday night, much has been said about Jay Cutler’s on-the-field antics.
Bears head coach Lovie Smith confirmed that linebacker Brian Urlacher will start Thursday night at Green Bay, but cornerback Charles Tillman’s status is still up in the air.
The Bears’ offensive line doesn’t rank in the league’s top 10. The following teams do.
If Bears coaches know who their starting left tackle is, they aren’t telling.
J’Marcus Webb may look confused when he squats down on the Bears offensive line, but when he’s ordering at McDonalds, the left tackle knows exactly what he wants.
As refreshing as it was to hear Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice speak so candidly about the disappointing debut of his offensive line, it didn’t sit well with me.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!