As refreshing as it was to hear Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice speak so candidly about the disappointing debut of his offensive line, it didn’t sit well with me.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
Mike Tice liked how Chris Williams played at right tackle in the first preseason game and he once again is giving him the chance to beat out Webb for the starting left tackle position.
Head coach Lovie Smith didn’t bother to sugarcoat it: “We didn’t play as well as a I thought we would tonight.”
When the Bears take on the Broncos Thursday night at Soldier Field, you won’t see their cards.
Mike Tice confirmed Monday what we’ve thought for nearly a week: J’Marcus Webb is the Bears starting left tackle.
It appeared the battle was over last week, but the Bears’ first depth chart confirmed Monday that J’Marcus Webb is the starting left tackle.
The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
Only four padded practices into training camp, we’re starting to see some interesting developments at both offensive tackle positions.
Good luck, now, to that ravenous swarm that descended on Bourbonnais yesterday.
As we count down to Bourbonnais, a panel of 15 670 The Score hosts, reporters and producers ranked their top 10 most important Bears players for the 2012 season.
After watching OTAs and mini-camp over the last four weeks, we’re starting to get a better look at what the Bears’ depth chart might look when training camp opens in late July.
As Lovie Smith says, mini-camp is the end of the Bears offseason. It’s three days where the foundation is laid and the scene is set for Bourbonnais.
It’s still more than a month from the start of training camp, but this is the year that the Bears believe they can fight the Green Bay Packers for the NFC North title and then make a run in the postseason.
J’Marcus Webb has struggled in the NFL since the Bears selected him in the seventh round of the 2010 draft, but could 2012 be different?
It’s the middle of May and training camp is still 2-plus months away. That means it’s the perfect time to look at the Chicago Bears and assess their prospects for the 2012 season.
During his three seasons in Chicago, Cutler has been sacked 110 times, including an NFL-high 52 times in 2010.
We still know little about Phil Emery, but the guy knows how to buy himself the benefit of the doubt, and quickly.
Jay Cutler’s mid-season injury did more than just expose the weaknesses of backup quarterback Caleb Hanie.
Defensively, the Eagles employ the Wide-9 technique, which essentially means each defensive end is lined up outside of the 9-hole, giving them more space to rush the quarterback at an angle.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!