Ahead of a key government jobs report to be issued Friday, a Chicago firm said layoffs are picking up in the U.S.
CHICAGO (CBS) – There is new evidence that the job market strengthened last year. A Chicago research firm reports that job cutting in 2012 plunged to its lowest level in 15 years. Outplacement firm Challenger […]
The U.S. Department of Labor issues its key monthly jobs report for August Friday morning, but another report today suggests the job market is in something of a holding pattern.
As many as 4,000 employees around the world are about to lose their jobs with Illinois-based Motorola Mobility.
Ahead of a key government jobs report for February coming up Friday, a Chicago-based research firm says downsizing by employers eased last month.
Kraft Foods Inc. will cut 1,600 positions in North America as it prepares to split its business in two.
There is some positive news Tuesday about jobs in Chicago and nationwide.
Employers this month announced virtually the same number of job cuts as in October, according to the Challenger, Gray and Christmas monthly survey.
There is a glimmer of hope on the jobs front this Wednesday, as planned job cuts by businesses plummeted last month.
The Chicago Transit Authority has announced that it is cutting more than more than 100 jobs.
There is more evidence that the economy is contracting, with grim job numbers coming out.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Mayor Emanuel today said he will eliminate about 500 management positions to save taxpayers about $34 million. The mayor says the cuts go farther than the ones he had promised in the […]
Job cuts are coming to the Tribune Company as a result of a major reorganization.
The Chicago Transit Authority says 54 positions will be eliminated, as part of budget cuts that will save the agency $15 million per year.
A couple of new economic reports Wednesday suggest a stronger job market but increased concerns about inflation.
Sears Holdings Corp. is closing one of its suburban stores, making the retailer one of six Illinois companies planning a total of 505 job cuts in coming months.
Government agencies still are downsizing but a Chicago research firm reports that overall, employers are cutting fewer jobs.
The Chicago outplacement firm, Challenger, Gray & Christmas says planned job cuts soared again in February, the second straight month they’ve gone up.
Eleven jobs are being cut at Brookfield Zoo to help close a $1.3 million budget shortfall.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!