No doubt, you’ve heard of the mid-life crisis. It affects people in their 40s and 50s. But did you know there’s a quarter-life crisis, too? It’s hitting the youngest adults.
Professional and business services jobs showed significant gains year over year in the Chicago metro area.
Smart businesses of all sizes in Chicago are using social media to reach new customers.
Patty Nedved believes advanced degrees help nurses gain a better perspective on patient care.
“Water quality makes a tremendous difference in how we can interact with the river, but also provides us jobs; it provides us business revenue,” said Friends of the Chicago River executive director Margaret Frisbie.
Debra Albert in Chicago explains the role that education has played in her career as chief nursing officer.
Ed Liberman has been teaching and working in I.T. for 15 years. He explains why education is vital for technology professionals.
Terrence J. Longo of The Chicago Lighthouse explains how his non-profit helps the unemployed blind.
Skokie Democrat Jan Schakowsky says the lower unemployment figures are welcome as far as they go, which isn’t quite far enough.
The professional and business services sector leads the way in job growth in the Chicago metro area.
An I.T. expert in Chicago shares his experiences getting educated and landing a great job.
Patrick Elward of Chicago built his company on both knowledge and education.
Day two of Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s job-poaching trip to Chicago took him to a huge trade show at McCormick Place on Tuesday. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine has learned which Chicago company he has in his sights: Performance Trust, a financial services firm based in the West Loop.
Texas’ governor is in Illinois this week in hopes of luring away the state’s businesses.
Computer and mathematical-related jobs are in high demand in the Chicago metro area.
For one local recruiter, finding management candidates with a strong education is key.
Intensive Care Unit Manager Barb Pudelek explains why education is at the heart of her career.
Job losses were widespread across a range of different types of employers, and indicated that two previous months of increases weren’t a fluke, one economist said.
An international mining company has become the latest firm to move its U.S. Corporate headquarters to Chicago.
About half of Americans say they feel underpaid. Are you one of them?
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!