Ozzie Guillen may be gone as the manager of the White Sox, but the outspoken skipper still holds some Chicago-based grudges.
Joe Cowley and Phil Mushnick tried to be funny—and I do believe that was their intent, though dumb as hell—and failed miserably.
Sun-Times sports columnist Joe Cowley has been put on final notice, meaning he is one step away from being fired, after a series of sexist tweets sent from his Twitter account, according to a report.
With new managers on both sides of town, no one can know for sure what to expect.
After the annual SoxFest, Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to break down the South Siders.
They key way to bolster talent in a farm system is through the draft — something the White Sox have struggled with in recent years.
In the recent weeks, Guillen has sounded off at his former organization, making it very clear that he was asked to leave two days before the end of the 2011 season. He’s taken great offense to reports that he quit on his former team.
Two days after the Steelers’ loss to Tim Tebow and the Broncos, Cowley joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to break down the game.
A rift between White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper and some of his pitchers was exposed by Sun-Times columnist and 670 The Score contributor Joe Cowley in Wednesday’s newspaper.
The GM got off the wire, helped the manager load up the canon for one final shot down to Florida, and tried his best to take down the big top once and for all.
With the winter meetings at full force in Dallas, Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times joined The Mully and Hanley Show to break down what’s been going on.
The Score’s Joe Cowley traveled to Alabama to take in No. 1 LSU vs. No. 2 Alabama in person.
After Joe Cowley accused White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper of being “Judas” to former manager Ozzie Guillen in a column Friday morning, Coop called into The Mully and Hanley Show to defend himself.
When Joe Cowley wrote a column in Friday morning’s paper that exposed pitching coach Don Cooper as “Judas” to former manager Ozzie Guillen, Ken Williams snapped.
Sun-Times sports columnist Joe Cowley called into Matt Spiegel this morning to settle a simmering dispute between the two.
After breaking the news that the relationship between Ozzie Guillen and Kenny Williams was “beyond repair”, Sun-Times columnist Joe Cowley joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show Tuesday and went into more detail on the situation.
As the White Sox continue to struggle through the season, a lot of discussion has started as to where the blame should fall. Recent comments by Ozzie Guillen and Ken Williams make it sound like they feel the other is to blame.
Before this season, the Chicago White Sox did something uncharacteristic to the organization, they went out and spent a lot of money to make themselves a contender.
Adam Dunn’s struggles have been well chronicled this season. Normally one of the most consistent hitters in baseball, Dunn is nowhere near the pace to hit his season averages.
As Phil Humber continues to have success as a starting pitcher and Jake Peavy continues to struggle to stay healthy, the notion of moving Peavy to the team’s closer may start to build some merit and some momentum among fans.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!