A Northlake man accused of forging a divorce document to get his church’s blessing to remarry has been cleared of criminal charges, after his attorney successfully argued the prosecution was a violation of the separation of church and state.
Drew Peterson’s lawyers tried to make a case today for a new trial. The judge will rule on that motion at 1 p.m. Thursday and if he denies it, the case enters the sentencing phase reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser from the Will County courthouse.
Drew Peterson’s feuding current and former lawyers, Steve Greenberg and Joel Brodsky, squared off in court today as the defense seeks a new trial. WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports it was not the showdown that some were expecting.
Convicted murderer Drew Peterson goes back to court in Will County tomorrow, hoping to convince a judge to grant him a new trial, reports WBBM’s Regine Schlesinger.
Drew Peterson’s former lawyer, Joel Brodsky, thinks he’s found a reason for Peterson to get a new trial.
Drew Peterson’s attorneys got some of what they wanted from former colleague Joel Brodsky, but not everything.
A DePaul University Legal Analyst is giving Drew Peterson only a slim chance for reversal of his murder conviction.
On Thursday, Judge Edward Burmila set a Feb. 19 hearing date for the motion for a new trial.
Drew Peterson’s lawyers have filed a motion seeking to have his conviction tossed out, because of ineffective counsel by former lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky.
The lead lawyer for convicted killer Drew Peterson on Tuesday withdrew from the case.
The Will County judge who presided over Drew Peterson’s murder trial had to sort through some legal drama on Friday, about what attorneys would represent the former Bolingbrook police officer going forward.
One of Drew Peterson’s defense attorneys is furious at remarks made by his former co-counsel after he was fired from the defense team.
One of Drew Peterson’s lawyers has some interesting things to say about the kind of life Peterson will be living in the next couple of months.
Jurors Thursday will resume weighing whether Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution.
A defense attorney for Drew Peterson told jurors Tuesday that prosecutors “are trying to nail Jell-O to a tree,” and have no evidence that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Anxious — that’s how one of Drew Peterson’s defense attorney’s described himself the day before closing arguments in Peterson’s murder trial.
Two pathologists testifying for Drew Peterson’s defense team said Kathleen Savio fell in her bathtub, knocked herself unconscious, and drowned — rebutting testimony from prosecution experts that her death was a homicide.
The prosecution has rested its case in the Drew Peterson’s murder trial.
Just hours after defense attorneys for Drew Peterson withdrew a motion for a mistrial over a mistake by prosecutors, testimony was halted again Wednesday and the judge angrily chided prosecutors after another witness discussed evidence barred from the trial, saying “the disrespect for the court is shocking.”
Drew Peterson was back in court Wednesday as prosecutors and defense attorneys hashed out what pieces of evidence should or should not be admitted when his murder trial starts next week.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!