Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed that winger Viktor Stalberg will return to the lineup tonight for Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals in Detroit.
Four NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.
Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.
Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.
Now in his fifth year with the Hawks, Joel Quenneville has already won a Stanley Cup and a President’s Cup, while also delivering a really solid job with a with a young team in 2009.
Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg denied reports that he complained about playing time, telling a reporter “check your sources better.”
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville has been named one of three finalists for 2013 Jack Adams Award, given annually the NHL coach that has contributed the most to his team’s success.
The Blackhawks finally looked like they were playing playoff hockey Wednesday night as they dispatched the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Red Wings head coach Mike Babock is a big fan of how the Blackhawks built their 2010 Stanley Cup winner and how they’ve rebuilt for a run this season.
This second-round playoff matchup has the potential for drama and angst, but there’s no way that Detroit should come out on top in a best-of-seven series.
Just two days after it looked like Dave Bolland was set for a return to the third line, the center was back on the Blackhawks’ second line at Monday’s practice.
Midway through the first period of the Blackhawks’ series clinching win Thursday night, a chant not often heard at the United Center broke out.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
One of the odder moments of the Blackhawks’ series with the Wild came Monday when Wild head coach Mike Yeo subtly accused the Hawks of cheating on faceoffs.
For a team with a 3-1 series lead over the Minnesota Wild, the Blackhawks sure don’t sound like a team that is happy with its play.
Trying to keep up with the Chicago Blackhawks would be unwise for the Minnesota Wild.
In the midst of a slow, gritty contest, Game 1 ultimately went to the Blackhawks because their third line beat the Wild’s top defensive line in overtime.
Ray Emery was on the ice taking shots from goaltending coach Stephane Waite before Thursday’s practice, but when the rest of the team took the ice, the backup goaltender headed back to the locker room.
Fortunately, the Blackhawks’ defense never wavered, allowing them to survive a strange game that included a missing goalie, a stickless goalie and at one point, a blade that fell completely off its skate.
There was optimism that Saad could contribute this year, but it would have been a stretch to think he would be the key to the Blackhawks rolling four lines deep.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!