The White Sox have been noticeably silent on the health status of John Danks, who hasn’t made an appearance for the White Sox since May 19.
The White Sox are calling John Danks’ shoulder injury a “mild Grade 1 strain of the subscapularis muscle” and say he could begin a rehab assignment in 3-4 weeks.
The underlying theme throughout this season has been the lack of attendance from White Sox fans.
The left-hander (3-4, with a 5.70 ERA) says he has a grade-1 tear of his subscapularis, but won’t need surgery. There is no timetable for his return.
At some point a fact is a fact: the White Sox’s attendance issues are going to have an impact on what kind of improvements can be made in the next month and a half.
It’s only a matter of time now until John Danks returns from his stint on the disabled list.
The White Sox are a first place team, but is it really smart for them to go for it all this season? That’s a major question we ponder in this week’s mailbag.
Jordan Danks, the younger brother of left-hander John Danks, will reportedly join the White Sox Thursday.
Paul Konerko was a late scratch from Tuesday night’s White Sox lineup because he had a small chip flushed in his left wrist.
Sale shouldn’t be allowed to go out every fifth game and pitch 7-plus innings every time he ventures to the mound the rest of the season. He is too valuable a prospect and he is still developing.
When the season started, the White Sox appeared to have decent starting pitching, but question marks everywhere else.
White Sox left-hander John Danks is headed to the 15-day disabled list with soreness in his left shoulder.
The White Sox are just 2-7 against left-handed starters this season and are batting a putrid .196.
Alex Rios wasn’t seeking revenge against Cleveland closer Chris Perez. He got it anyway.
Darnell McDonald hit a tiebreaking three-run double and homered to help the Boston Red Sox rally to beat the Chicago White Sox 10-3 on Friday night.
Alex Rios got three hits and drove in three runs Sunday as the Chicago White Sox completed a series sweep of the Seattle Mariners with a 7-4 victory.
Nolan Reimold homered for the fourth consecutive game and made a terrific diving catch in left field, helping the Baltimore Orioles beat the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Tuesday night.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a three-run homer and drove in four runs to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 10-6 win over the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday.
The loss spoiled the managerial debut of Robin Ventura, who before the game had his first meeting with Nolan Ryan since charging the mound 19 seasons earlier against the Hall of Fame pitcher.
White Sox manager Robin Ventura set his Opening Day lineup Thursday as the White Sox get ready to open their season Friday at 1:05 p.m. in Arlington, Tex. against the Rangers.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!