The far southwest suburb of New Lenox is giving a tax incentive to a new restaurant that officials hope will bring jobs and tax revenue to the city.
Police in Joliet say the tables were turned when the victim of a crime turned out to be part of the problem.
In the biggest order ever for a Chicago company, Boeing has finalized an order from Indonesian carrier Lion Air for 230 planes.
On the official Illinois holiday honoring President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, word of a famous painting of his First Lady is being called a fraud.
The neighborhood tavern was, for generations, the most familiar gathering spot in any community.
Two men from northwestern Illinois are charged with misdemeanors, after shooting threatened gray wolves.
Research has stopped at a lab at the University of Chicago, after a scientist got sick and was hospitalized.
Coffee is big business in Chicago and across the country, and at least two companies plan to open more retail outlets in the very near future.
Public hearings begin this week on plans by the Chicago Public Schools to close and consolidate a number of schools.
If you’re looking for a summer job, and amusement parks are up your alley, you’ll have an opportunity this weekend.
Not everyone is happy about a tribute to the Blues Brothers that’s coming to the Chicago this summer.
DuPage County Board members are considering new plans for red light cameras.
An icon of World War II has died at the age of 86.
Illinois legislators are about to begin the debate over whether the death penalty should be done away with for good.
It has been more than a year since the recession officially ended, but for many, the hunt for a job goes on.
Southern Illinois University is looking for a few good women.
Santa still has plenty of traditional toys in his sack, alongside all those wished-for video games, iPods, computers and smart phones.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!