After robbing a store to get oxycodone, a 16-year-old self-admitted heroin addict went to the restroom area to get high and made no attempt to escape police, authorities said.
State lawmakers could attempt to override Gov. Pat Quinn’s veto of legislation to expand casino gambling in Illinois during their two-week veto session that started Thursday, but one city that already has a casino says enough is enough.
The family of a missing Joliet woman is searching for answers.
An 18-year-old man is being held on $7 million bail for a Tuesday gang shooting that left two teens dead and another wounded.
Joliet police say DNA evidence finally caught up to a man who sexually assaulted a toddler six years ago.
Arsenal Road, from I-55 to Baseline Road in Elwood, has been temporarily closed due to an incident at the ExxonMobil Joliet Refinery.
In August a jury convicted Exulam Holman, 33, of aggravated battery and aggravated domestic battery. On Thursday he received the maximum sentence: 14 years in prison.
A Will County jury found Vernon McCormick of Lockport guilty in July of the Jan. 3, 2011, murder of Deonte Lesley.
Two south suburban men were due in bond court Saturday, charged with stealing checks from President Barack Obama’s Chicago campaign headquarters.
Unionized state workers upset over state cutbacks tried to disrupt the governor today at the ground-breaking for a project preparing for high-speed rail in Joliet.
Video gambling in the state seems to be in a holding pattern.
Two men were in custody Saturday, after being arrested on charges of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl in Will County.
The Roman Catholic bishop in Joliet is allowing an accused predator priest to return to limited ministry, and advocates for priest sex abuse victims are livid over the decision.
At least one gunshot was fired Monday afternoon during a confrontation outside Joliet Central High School, school authorities reported.
Peoria-based Caterpillar Inc. has reportedly reached a tentative agreement with machinists at its Joliet plant, who have been on strike for more than three months.
Will County prosecutors are now taking on two high-profile murder cases at the same time in the same courthouse.
Jury selection begins Monday morning in another high-profile murder trial in Will County.
As the Drew Peterson murder trial continues, another high-profile case begins this Monday in another courtroom at the Will County courthouse.
Joliet police say they did not want to break a record they set last year, but it looks like it’s going to happen.
The city of Chicago isn’t the only place where young people have to worry about the possibility of being shot. One teenage girl from Joliet found that out twice in the last month.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!