A federal appellate court has upheld the 2010 conviction of a former Chicago police commander for lying about the torture of suspects.
Jon Burge, the disgraced former Chicago police commander convicted of lying about torture by his detectives, is expected to testify this week at the trial of a man wrongfully convicted of murder.
Chicago will pay millions to two victims of former police Cmdr. Jon Burge’s torture, while former Mayor Richard M. Daley will not have to testify in the cases.
Retired Mayor Richard M. Daley has agreed to testify under oath before attorneys suing the City of Chicago about former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
A renewed push is on to get retired Mayor Richard M. Daley to submit to a deposition about former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered a hearing for a convicted rapist who claims he was tortured into a false confession by detectives working for Cmdr. Jon Burge.
A Chicago man freed from prison last March after 25 years has filed a federal lawsuit against the city and the man he says tortured him into a false confession: former Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
A federal judge won’t reconsider her ruling that former Mayor Richard M. Daley can be named as a defendant in a police torture case tied to former Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
The Illinois Supreme Court will hear arguments Thursday regarding a convicted rapist’s effort to get a new trial, based on an alleged tortured confession.
Attorneys for a man who claims he was a victim of torture at the hands of police Cmdr. Jon Burge are not giving up the fight to question retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is trying to talk the city trying to settle lawsuits over police torture allegations that have gone on for decades in Chicago.
A federal judge has ruled that retired Mayor Richard M. Daley can be sued for alleged police brutality conspiracies that happened under former Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
Federal prosecutors who sent former police Cmdr. Jon Burge to prison for lying about the torture of criminal suspects have now turned their attention to detectives implicated in torture, and to former Cook County prosecutors.
Men tortured under disgraced former Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge gathered in front of the Criminal Courts Building on Sunday, calling on mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel to take action.
A man who has long claimed he was tortured by Chicago police detectives into confessing to two murders will be getting out of prison after nearly 25 years behind bars.
Former police Cmdr. Jon Burge reports to prison today, after being convicted of lying about torturing suspects during the 1970s and ‘80s.
Former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge is expected to report to prison later this week, and he could meet a jailhouse celebrity.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan filed a lawsuit Monday morning to stop former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge from collecting a pension.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said Saturday that he plans to file a lawsuit seeking to strip former Chicago Police Lt. Jon Burge of his pension.
Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis says he’s embarrassed by the police pension Board decision to allow former Cmdr. Jon Burge keep his pension.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!