Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.
Just as the Blackhawks did in Game 1, Detroit took control in the second period and put the game away in the third. Now, the Red Wings have a chance to take the lead when this series between Original Six rivals shifts to Detroit for Game 3 on Monday.
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night.
Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews has been named one of three finalists for the 2013 Frank J. Selke Trophy, given annually to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.
Neither Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane were among the three finalists named Friday for the Hart Memorial Trophy, given annually to the player most valuable to his team.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
One of the odder moments of the Blackhawks’ series with the Wild came Monday when Wild head coach Mike Yeo subtly accused the Hawks of cheating on faceoffs.
For a team with a 3-1 series lead over the Minnesota Wild, the Blackhawks sure don’t sound like a team that is happy with its play.
The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
There’s something that’s not quite right with the Chicago Blackhawks.
While the sights and sounds of the playoffs are familiar for a team making its fifth straight playoff appearance, the expectations this year certainly are not.
Saturday’s setback was just the second for the Blackhawks this month (10-2-2) as Chicago finished 36-7-5 to wrap up its second Presidents’ Trophy. Chicago will face the Minnesota Wild in the first round.
The Chicago Blackhawks used a sizzling start and a fantastic finish to earn the Presidents’ Trophy for the first time in 22 years.
Take a look at the NHL’s Western Conference Standings and you’ll see the same thing you have seen since the lockout ended and players returned to the ice.
Toews should win the Hart Trophy that goes to the Most Valuable Player in the National Hockey League.
The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
In less than two minutes, the Chicago Blackhawks did all the damage they needed to do. And then they just kept scoring.
Ryan Getzlaf set up Bobby Ryan’s tying goal and Teemu Selanne’s tiebreaker 1:04 apart in the waning minutes, and the Ducks rallied for a 4-2 victory over Chicago in a meeting of the NHL’s top two teams.
Half the season. The team that refuses to lose has gone half the season without a loss in regulation.
Daniel Carcillo scored the tiebreaking goal with 49.3 seconds left in regulation and the Chicago Blackhawks won their 11th consecutive game, beating the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 on Wednesday night to extend the best start in NHL history.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!