Jeff Keppinger walked with the bases loaded to drive in the go-ahead run — his first base on balls in 141 plate appearances this season — and the Chicago White Sox rallied with three runs in the eighth to beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-4 on Thursday night for their season-high third straight road win.
White Sox starter Jose Quintana (2-1) allowed three runs in the loss. He gave up five hits and struck out five.
Alex Gordon hit an RBI single with two outs in the 10th inning Sunday and the Kansas City Royals rallied past the Chicago White Sox 6-5.
Texas scored six times in the sixth to break it open. Mitch Moreland, who had three hits, delivered a go-ahead double and Adrian Beltre capped the burst with a two-run homer. The bases were loaded when Beltre got to the plate before two wild pitches by Nate Jones allowed two runs
Tyler Flowers hit a three-run homer and Jose Quintana pitched 6 2-3 innings to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 7-0 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday night.
Jose Quintana got off to a great start again. He knows from experience there’s a long way to go.
David Price became Tampa Bay’s first 20-game winner, B.J. Upton homered twice and the Rays stayed afloat in the AL wild- card race by beating the fading Chicago White Sox 3-2 Sunday.
Omar Infante’s throwing error on a potential double play helped Chicago scored two runs in the fifth inning Monday and the White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 5-4 in a pivotal makeup game.
Zach Britton struck out a career-high 10 in eight innings, Taylor Teagarden and Adam Jones homered and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Chicago White Sox 5-3 Thursday for their eighth win in 11 games.
Jose Quintana snapped a five-start winless streak and the Chicago White Sox held off the Toronto Blue Jays 3-2 Tuesday night for a rare victory at Rogers Centre.
Jeremy Guthrie picked up his first victory since late May, scattering five hits over eight innings in the Kansas City Royals’ 2-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
A.J. Pierzynski and Alejandro De Aza are back in the White Sox lineup Monday as the White Sox take on the Twins in Minnesota.
White Sox fans can be excused for an initially negative reaction to hearing that the Twins’ Francisco Liriano had been acquired late last night for utility man Eduardo Escobar and minor-league starter Pedro Hernandez.
Adam Dunn tied the game with his major league-leading 30th homer and Dayan Viciedo hit a bases-loaded single to cap a four-run seventh Tuesday night as the Chicago White Sox rallied to beat the Minnesota Twins 11-4.
Matt Thornton was a disaster, well before Addison Reed finally arrived to allow the final blast. Thornton’s pitch selection was odd, and he’s been mediocre all season long.
The White Sox could be in for a surprise as they take on the Tigers this weekend.
Rookie Jose Quintana allowed two hits in eight stellar innings, Kevin Youkilis came through again with a go-ahead homer and the Chicago White Sox completed a three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 2-1 victory Thursday.
At some point a fact is a fact: the White Sox’s attendance issues are going to have an impact on what kind of improvements can be made in the next month and a half.
It’s only a matter of time now until John Danks returns from his stint on the disabled list.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.117
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.196
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.337
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!