Matt Garza executed his plan to near perfection. Garza pitched one-hit ball for seven shutout innings and struck out 10 Sunday as the Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-1.
Former White Sox left fielder Juan Pierre has reportedly agreed to a minor league deal with the Philadelphia Phillies.
CHICAGO (AP) — It took Luis Mendoza a long time to return to the majors and he’s making a good case for staying there. Mendoza pitched into the eighth inning for his second consecutive victory […]
Alexei Ramirez’s seventh-inning single broke the game’s final tie and led Chicago to a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night, giving the White Sox a split of the day-night doubleheader.
A.J. Pierzynski homered twice among his four hits and drove in four runs as the Chicago White Sox snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 10-5 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Sunday.
Poor pitching and a lack of clutch hitting kept the Chicago White Sox reeling on Saturday night. The White Sox dropped their seventh straight game, a 10-3 loss to the Royals.
Brent Morel continued his torrid pace in September. It just wasn’t enough to lift the Chicago White Sox over the Royals.
Slumping outfielder Alex Rios snapped his bat over his knee after an eight-inning strikeout. Catcher A.J. Pierzynski broke a bat slamming it against the ground after an earlier strikeout. The Chicago White Sox are beyond frustrated with not driving in baserunners.
Philip Humber and Chris Sale gave the Chicago White Sox exactly what the team needed after a lost weekend. Humber pitched seven scoreless innings and Chicago beat the Minnesota Twins 2-1 Monday in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.
After breaking the news that the relationship between Ozzie Guillen and Kenny Williams was “beyond repair”, Sun-Times columnist Joe Cowley joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show Tuesday and went into more detail on the situation.
John Danks has definitely been having more fun the last couple of months. The wins don’t hurt either. Danks had a big smile after throwing his second career shutout Saturday night.
Gavin Floyd pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning, Brent Lillibridge and Alex Rios hit two-run homers and the Chicago White Sox romped past the Texas Rangers 10-0 Sunday.
Juan Pierre’s game-ending single in the 14th inning capped a wild, five-hour marathon as the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 8-7 on Tuesday night.
The Chicago White Sox wiped out a four-run deficit — and lost anyway. Jason Frasor blamed himself. Manager Ozzie Guillen pointed the finger at Baltimore’s J.J. Hardy.
Gavin Floyd allowed six hits into the eighth inning, outpitching Justin Verlander and leading the Chicago White Sox to an 8-2 win over the Detroit Tigers on Friday night.
For the Chicago White Sox, this seemed like an appropriate All-Star break send-off — another lousy performance, another loss. For good measure, throw in some extra angst over Jake Peavy’s arm, too.
I wish I knew which train was carrying the dirty bomb. Trust me, I’d have told you. Nuclear launch codes? Sure. Um…Tango, Echo, five, seven, Foxtrot, seven, niner? No? Can I try again?
Bruce Chen only allowed four hits over six innings of work and the Royals beat the White Sox 4-1 Wednesday afternoon at U.S. Cellular Field.
Juan Pierre’s two-run triple in the seventh inning helped the White Sox beat the Cubs 6-4 at Wrigley Field Friday afternoon.
While local interest for Chicago’s annual crosstown series might be waning, the White Sox and Cubs are only focused on continuing their respective recent successes.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!