Judge Edward Burmila
Drew Peterson’s feuding current and former lawyers, Steve Greenberg and Joel Brodsky, squared off in court today as the defense seeks a new trial. WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports it was not the showdown that some were expecting.
The jurors in the Drew Peterson trial asked the judge what “unanimous” meant Thursday afternoon as they continued their deliberations.
A former cable company co-worker of Drew Peterson’s was on the witness stand in Peterson’s trial Wednesday morning, testifying about a request to hire a hitman.
The judge in Drew Peterson’s murder trial handed prosecutors a legal victory Tuesday by giving them the go-ahead to introduce evidence in coming days that the former suburban Chicago police officer sought to hire a hit man to kill his third wife for $25,000.
When the Drew Peterson murder trial ground once again to a halt because of a forbidden question Tuesday, it left Will County Judge Edward Burmila angry and a prominent defense attorney who was a spectator surprised.
Just hours after defense attorneys for Drew Peterson withdrew a motion for a mistrial over a mistake by prosecutors, testimony was halted again Wednesday and the judge angrily chided prosecutors after another witness discussed evidence barred from the trial, saying “the disrespect for the court is shocking.”
The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial has denied a motion for a mistrial by the defense Thursday, although testimony by a witness the day before made him furious at prosecutors.
In opening statements for Drew Peterson’s long-awaited murder trial Tuesday, Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow said Peterson once boasted that “he had learned enough to kill someone and make it look like an accident.”
Days before jury selection is to begin in Drew Peterson’s murder trial, it is still unclear if prosecutors will be able to use the victim’s statements.
After nearly two years of delays, Drew Peterson is set to go on trial in two months for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
A Joliet man is catching a major break, with a sentence of only probation for a child porn stash that includes a photo of a girl who appears to be in tears.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.160
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.203
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!