A west suburban man was charged Wednesday with leaving a message with a Cook County prosecutors threatening the judge who sentenced him.
Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has signed a plea deal with federal prosecutors, a deal which calls for him to plead guilty to misuse of campaign funds and let a federal judge determine whether he serves any time in prison, CBS 2 has learned.
Joseph Polito confessed a lifelong addiction to porn in November, seven months after the Chicago Sun-Times revealed he regularly looked at a variety of websites during work hours in 2010 and 2011.
A judge who handles juvenile cases in McHenry County was selected Friday to preside over the Cook County involuntary-manslaughter case against Richard J. “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley.
A McHenry County judge will preside over the politically-charged involuntary manslaughter case against Richard “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley, who is accused of killing David Koschman in 2004.
After a judge with ties to former Mayor Richard M. Daley recused himself from the involuntary manslaughter case against a Daley nephew, Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans is asking the state’s highest court to appoint a judge from outside the county.
A Cook County judge has ruled that Gov. Pat Quinn must pay the 2011 wage increases promised in a contract with most state workers.
A Will County judge who secretly viewed hard-core pornography on his courthouse computer fought back tears Thursday as he confessed he’d been addicted to porn since he was a little boy.
A Will County judge admits to using his courthouse computer to view internet porn during office hours.
A federal judge has struck down part of Illinois’ campaign finance law that restricted fundraising by independent political action committees.
The Cook County Criminal Courthouse may soon be getting a new name.
A Kane County judge Thursday met an outburst in his courtroom with a contempt citation — and an outburst of his own.
Five people have been taken to the hospital as a precaution after opening a letter containing an unknown white power at the courthouse in Grundy County.
Jonovan Brown was sentenced Monday to six months in jail by DuPage County Circuit Judge Robert Kleeman after pleading guilty to threatening a public official.
Fire crews were summoned to the Daley Center courthouse and office building Wednesday morning, after a judge reported smelling smoke in her courtroom.
Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel will likely find out next week if he’ll stay on the ballot in Chicago’s mayoral race.
A Gold Coast neighborhood woman was ordered held on $500,000 bond Friday for allegedly sending an email threatening to kill a Cook County judge and mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!