Judy Baar Topinka
Illinois State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka threw her support behind Senate President John Cullerton’s pension plan on Tuesday, calling it the best bet for solving the state’s $100 billion pension crisis.
It’s being hailed as one of the most workable solutions to the state’s $95 billion dollar pension mess, and it could get a vote this week.
One by one they were called out, 14 firefighters, all of them women. During this, women’s History Month, State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka homered them for climbing the ranks.
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says the state will face devastating consequences if the federal government goes over the fiscal cliff.
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says people should be very fearful about the downgrading of the state’s bond rating by Standard & Poor’s.
Illinois State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has launched a new Web site that allows the public, government watchdogs, and the media to follow the state’s finances more easily.
Gov. Pat Quinn said Monday that he plans to call for significant cuts to Medicaid funding as part of his effort to slash the state budget to spending levels lower than fiscal year 2008.
Illinois keeps falling farther behind on its debt, and Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says it’s even worse than it appears.
Illinois State Comptroller Judy Barr Topinka, who ran unsuccessfully against Rod Blagojevich for governor in 2006, now says he deserves the 15 to 20-year sentence prosecutors are seeking.
Illinois’ state treasurer and comptroller have given up, at least for now, on the idea of unifying their offices.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and his new schools CEO took a knife to the Chicago Public Schools budget Thursday, but they also took a shot at state government for making the financial crisis worse.
Critics say the State of Illinois is robbing Peter to pay Paul in its plans to borrow money to balance the state budget, and now, Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka is calling for major changes.
The state is more than $4.5 billion behind in payments to doctors, hospitals, school districts, universities and businesses, according to state Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka.
Illinois senators have signed off on a proposal to allow voters to decide if the state should combine the two offices that handle state finances.
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says the state should not even think about bankruptcy.
The state’s new comptroller is incredulous that Illinois lawmakers would impose a whopping increase on taxpayers without passing a single budget cut.
The Seniors Ride Free program is only one of a number of financial issues facing the debt-ridden Regional Transportation Authority.
Democratic State Rep. David Miller has conceded in the race for Illinois comptroller.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!