A medical supply salesman who left town in the middle of jury duty avoided going to jail when he was sentenced for contempt of court on Tuesday, but he must attend a legal symposium on the jury system as part of his punishment.
A former federal court juror now has his own legal troubles for skipping out on jury duty in the middle of a trial.
A prospective juror in a fatal drunken driving crash case who left in the middle of jury selection has been ordered to stand in front of the Lake County Courthouse the next two Mondays with a sign that says, “I failed to appear for jury duty.”
A federal judge denied a retrial Tuesday for longtime Illinois powerbroker William Cellini, rejecting arguments that he didn’t get a fair trial because a juror lied about her criminal past during jury selection.
During as post-trial hearing Friday, a juror in the trial of convicted powerbroker William Cellini stormed out of court, yelling, “Leave me alone!”
Lawyers for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich will be back in court on Monday to ask for a new trial, claiming misconduct by the forewoman from the jury that convicted him of 17 corruption counts.
A federal judge wants to talk to a juror who failed to disclose her felony convictions before she was seated on the jury that convicted power broker William Cellini, but he won’t force reporters to turn over notes of their interviews with that juror.
A federal judge has ordered the Chicago Tribune to turn over notes and recordings in a fight over a juror who didn’t disclose her criminal record in the trial of convicted Illinois powerbroker William Cellini.
Springfield power broker William Cellini won’t get an automatic mistrial after learning that a juror in his corruption trial failed to disclose her criminal record before being picked for the jury, but a federal judge will hold a hearing on the matter.
Attorneys for convicted Illinois power broker William Cellini say there may be reason to overturn the guilty verdicts returned in federal court last week, due to some information a juror reportedly concealed.
Some of the jurors in the Blagojevich trial have been expressing relief, with the opportunity finally to put their lives back together after three weeks of deliberation.
Rod Blagojevich was back on the stand on Friday in what turned-into a family affair as his oldest daughter Amy attended the trial, but that wasn’t the only change in the courtroom. One of the 18 jury members was no longer in court.
An attorney representing a self-proclaimed white supremacist says his client’s conviction on Wednesday was based on fear and not the law.
Former George Ryan juror Evelyn Ezell’s history in the Dirksen Federal courthouse is far from a pleasant one. She’s back in court now for a civil lawsuit.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!