The city of Chicago and a female bartender beaten by a Chicago cop five years ago are asking a federal judge to set aside the judgment in the lawsuit stemming from the videotaped bar beating.
One of the jurors in the Anthony Abbate federal trial is explaining why the panel sided with the bartender the former cop assaulted in an infamous beating captured on surveillance video.
The potentially landmark civil trial that confronts the sensitive question head-on of whether there’s a code of silence and protection ingrained in Chicago’s police department was turned over to the jury Wednesday.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson trial said the hearsay testimony in the trial was “extremely critical” in reaching a guilty verdict.
Ron Supalo, a postal worker from Bolingbrook, was a member of the jury that found Drew Peterson guilty of murder in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio.
The jurors in the Drew Peterson trial asked the judge what “unanimous” meant Thursday afternoon as they continued their deliberations.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson murder trial will hear closing arguments after the Labor Day weekend and presumably begin deliberations soon after.
Drew Peterson’s future now rests with twelve of his fellow Will County citizens who will decide whether he’s guilty of murder.
A full jury has been impaneled for the Drew Peterson trial, and opening statements are set to begin next Tuesday.
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky has been convicted of 45 counts at his child sex abuse trial.
Former Major League pitcher Roger Clemens has been found not guilty of all charges in the federal perjury trial against him.
Chicago’s top cop is responding to a juror in the William Balfour trial who said police bungled the investigation into the murder of Jennifer Hudson’s family members.
Jurors could begin deliberating today in the case of William Balfour.
Anticipating a “very rare” suicide defense from accused family killer Christopher Vaughn, a Will County judge ruled Thursday jurors may see several online chat messages and emails written by his late wife, Sun-Times Media is reporting.
It’s a day off for the jury, but, not for the judge or lawyers in the trial of millionaire businessman and powerbroker William Cellini.
A Cook County jury awarded $40 million to the family of Rhoni Reuter on Wednesday, in a lawsuit they filed against the woman convicted of killing Reuter and her unborn child in 2007.
Some of the jurors in the Blagojevich trial have been expressing relief, with the opportunity finally to put their lives back together after three weeks of deliberation.
The only man who sat on the jury that convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich of 17 corruption charges said Tuesday that the 11 women on the panel were “almost like my secretaries” because of how much better they were at taking notes than he was.
Jurors in the Rod Blagojevich corruption retrial have wrapped up their second day of deliberations, meeting without a word on their progress on Monday.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense attorney delivered a passionate closing argument on Thursday, saying prosecutors had proven nothing criminal and that the government wanted the jury to be nothing more than a “rubber stamp” for their case against the former governor.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!