As cities struggle to contain gang violence, which claims lives and holds communities hostage, federal government is sending in special agents to help — but not to Chicago.
Attorney General Eric Holder continued to show contempt of Congress in his remarks following the House vote to hold him “in contempt” for refusing to hand over documents associated with the Fast and Furious operation.
Wednesday, June 20, 2011 will go down in history as the day that was the beginning of the end for President Barack Obama’s presidency. With the president’s execution of executive privilege regarding United States Attorney General Eric Holder’s “Fast and Furious” gun-walking scandal.
Two Chicago area Congressmen sit on the committee that voted to find U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. One voted in favor of the contempt citation, while the other against it.
Elected officials would do well to remember that it is the job of the voters to pick their representatives, it is not the job of elected officials to pick who gets to vote.
As the calls for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s resignation over the “Fast and Furious” gun-running scandal rages on, there is a new wave of demands for him to step down regarding yet another issue […]
A federal investigation of the Harvey Police Department found officers engaged in “heavy-handed uses of force that were largely avoidable.”
The college football world continues to be filled with controversy. Earlier this week it was Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor, now the Justice Department is taking aim at the BCS.
Federal authorities are investigating the police department in Newark, New Jersey, after the state’s American Civil Liberties Union complained of rampant misconduct and lax internal oversight.
The Justice Department wants to know why the NCAA doesn’t have a college football playoff system and says there are “serious questions” about whether the current format to determine a national champion complies with antitrust laws.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!