The Bears are expected to re-sign running back Kahlil Bell as Michael Bush could go on injured reserved
Back up running back Kahlil Bell’s time with the Bears has come to an end.
The Bears on Saturday signed running back Khalil Bell to a one-year contract, and waived safety Jeremy Jones.
The Bears announced Thursday afternoon they have waived running back Kahlil Bell.
The Bears announced Wednesday the signing of the Kahlil Bell to a one-year deal.
The move means the Bears will have the opportunity to match all offers made to Bell in an effort to keep him.
The Bears may have at last accepted defeat with the playoff dream over and one game remaining in a ruined season, but Lovie Smith’s pronouncement that the team won’t be holding a tryout for next year in the finale at Minnesota boggles the mind.
To break their current three-game skid, one Bears expert said the Bears need to do one simple thing.
As expected, Bears offensive tackle is out for Monday night’s contest against the Eagles.
Bears running back Marion Barber is expected to make his debut Sunday against the Panthers, while Earl Bennett (chest) and Gabe Carimi (knee) were officially ruled out.
Marion Barber, Chris Harris and Lance Louis were all listed as “doubtful” for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints Friday.
Bears backup running back Marion Barber will not play Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons in the season opener.
Bears running back Chester Taylor has reportedly been released.
The writing seems to be on the wall for Chester Taylor’s future with the Bears.
Bears reserve running back Kahlil Bell may have sparked Saturday night with 73 yards on 13 rushes and 48 yards on two catches, but his true value still lies on special teams.
The Bears surpised the NFL Saturday when they chose to kick from the 30-yard line on two kickoffs in the first half.
Preseason games are about opportunity. When given the chance, can you catch the coaches’ eyes? Saturday night a few Bears players made a good impression and increased the level of competition.
Just because there can be no official team workouts during the lockout doesn’t mean that the players haven’t been getting together to prepare for the upcoming season. And when Bears players have, they’ve seen a fully recovered Jay Cutler.
Lance Briggs’ ankle injury will keep him out of today’s game vs. Seattle. Brian Iwuh will start in his place at WLB. For Iwuh, this will be his 4th career start and 1st for the […]
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!