Jobs from health care to sales are all seeing increases in listings in the Chicago metro area.
Computer and mathematical-related jobs are in high demand in the Chicago metro area.
A Kankakee couple was pulled over in Florida on Tuesday, five days after police issued an “endangered missing persons advisory” for their 1-year-old son, when they took him out of a hospital as authorities investigated how he ended up with multiple bruises.
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports on the continuing disappearance of a Kankakee toddler who is considered “endangered” by police officials.
Artistic Fletcher, who is 1, was in the hospital with bruises on his body. Police say his father took him out against medical advice. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports the boy’s family is ready to bring him to police on Monday.
Authorities have captured a convicted murderer from Indiana who was mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail earlier this week.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson takes a poll of commuters about the former governor of Illinois.
One person was killed and several school children injured in a crash involving a car and a school bus near Kankakee.
The showers that made this Friday morning gloomy have largely moved on their way, but look for a major drop in the temperature accompanying the sunny skies when the weekend begins.
A man is in custody for a hit-and-run crash that left another motorist seriously injured Monday in Kankakee County.
A lawyer is accused of taking his clients’ money and leaving them high and dry, as he tried to decide whether to party in Chicago or California.
A grandmother in Kankakee will spend New Year’s worrying if she’ll get sent back to prison. She was convicted some 15 years ago of shaking her grandson to death.
The mayor of Kankakee is asking the City of Chicago and the Regional Transportation Authority to drop their lawsuits, which accuse her city and Channahon of allowing businesses to use their cities as havens to dodge Chicago sales taxes.
The City of Chicago and the Regional Transportation Authority each filed a lawsuit Tuesday, over retailers who are doing business in the city, but routing sales through “sham shops” in other cities where the sales taxes are lower.
More and more companies are finding a loophole, out of the high sales tax in some counties, but Chicago officials may try to put a stop to that.
An explosion near the town of Herscher has injured five people.
A 7-year-old boy who is suspected of starting a fire at a church by using a lighted candle was burned but not seriously injured Sunday morning in Kankakee.
Firefighters in far south suburban Kankakee are battling a two-alarm fire Tuesday night.
State police in the far south suburbs are warning motorists to stay off an “impassable” I-57 and area highways, which have forced dozens of motorists — and even and IDOT plow — to abandon their vehicles.
Former Gov. George Ryan already got to visit his ailing wife earlier this week, and should now be kept in prison, federal prosecutors say.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!