The former Bolingbrook police sergeant will be sentenced Nov. 26 and faces a prison sentence of up to 60 years in the death of Kathleen Savio.
The jurors in the Drew Peterson trial asked the judge what “unanimous” meant Thursday afternoon as they continued their deliberations.
Jurors Thursday will resume weighing whether Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution.
A defense attorney for Drew Peterson told jurors Tuesday that prosecutors “are trying to nail Jell-O to a tree,” and have no evidence that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Anxious — that’s how one of Drew Peterson’s defense attorney’s described himself the day before closing arguments in Peterson’s murder trial.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson murder trial will hear closing arguments after the Labor Day weekend and presumably begin deliberations soon after.
Drew Peterson’s defense team has rested its case, after Peterson informed the judge he won’t be testifying on his own behalf.
Two pathologists testifying for Drew Peterson’s defense team said Kathleen Savio fell in her bathtub, knocked herself unconscious, and drowned — rebutting testimony from prosecution experts that her death was a homicide.
The prosecution has rested its case in the Drew Peterson’s murder trial.
The Drew Peterson trial has wrapped for the week.
The pastor to Drew Peterson’s fourth wife testified Thursday that Stacy told him Drew asked her to lie to the police the day after Kathleen Savio’s death.
Drew Peterson is on trial for the murder of one wife and suspected in the disappearance of another, but, he apparently still seems like a catch to some women.
A former cable company co-worker of Drew Peterson’s was on the witness stand in Peterson’s trial Wednesday morning, testifying about a request to hire a hitman.
The judge in Drew Peterson’s murder trial handed prosecutors a legal victory Tuesday by giving them the go-ahead to introduce evidence in coming days that the former suburban Chicago police officer sought to hire a hit man to kill his third wife for $25,000.
In a major development in the murder trial of Drew Peterson, the judge has reversed himself and barred the testimony of a hearsay witness.
For a second day, the focus in the Drew Peterson murder trial has been the two autopsies that came to different conclusions about Kathleen Savio’s death, and the judge has had to tell the lawyers to stop bickering in front of jurors.
Just hours after defense attorneys for Drew Peterson withdrew a motion for a mistrial over a mistake by prosecutors, testimony was halted again Wednesday and the judge angrily chided prosecutors after another witness discussed evidence barred from the trial, saying “the disrespect for the court is shocking.”
The man who was dating Kathleen Savio at the time she died testified Friday morning in the Drew Peterson murder trial.
A nursing school classmate of Kathleen Savio’s testified Thursday that Savio talked about domestic violence committed against her by Drew Peterson, and showed her the marks that he had left.
The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial said Wednesday he is not bound by rulings by the previous judge regarding hearsay evidence in the case, and is allowing previously barred testimony that Peterson allegedly threatened to kill Kathleen Savio and made it look like an accident.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!