Five people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.
A national non-profit focused on closing the opportunity divide has set up a branch in Chicago.
This year’s presidential race has stirred passions and ignited heated debate from all corners of the country and from every venue, including the workplace.
Some 2,600 law enforcement agencies in the Midwest are joining police departments throughout the national in an effort that also features extensive nighttime safety belt enforcement.
Cook County Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans appears to be moving ahead with his plan to hire more trial judges when they may not be needed.
A major highway project in the northern suburbs will mean detours and require a hefty dose of patience.
Fans anticipating Lollapalooza 2012 in Grant Park could face sticker shock at the gate.
Some suburbanites are feeling the pain of decreasing property values and increased taxes.
Illinois state lawmakers who oppose abortion are trying to make it harder for women to make the decision to abort.
The Illinois Department of Human Services is being blasted for funneling over $1 million to a suspect company.
Dozens of people have filed to run for Illinois’ 18 seats in the U.S. House.
Gov. Pat Quinn is about to square off again against one of his favorite targets, ComEd, which wants to raise electric rates.
A Burger King on the city’s South Side has been closed by the city, after inspectors found so many insects buzzing around that they were “afraid to open their mouths.”
Police say crime was down in Chicago for the month of July, making it the 31st month in a row that’s happened.
Some experts are criticizing the newly-adopted express lane checkpoint for pilots at O’Hare International Airport.
Former Police Sgt. John Herman had been convicted of sexually assaulting a crack addict while on duty, but his attorneys said the sex was consensual.
Chicago-based Giordano’s Pizza has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but wants to keep the business running during its reorganization.
Chicago Public Schools are pushing back the start of key state exams by one week, to the second week of March, after schools complained that snow days had swallowed up their test preparation time.
Two middle school students have been charged with harassment in an alleged case of cyberbullying against a female classmate.
An employee of a south suburban currency exchange pilfered thousands of dollars in wire transfers, prosecutors charged Wednesday.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.225
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!