The designation will help speed and expand access to state emergency resources and allow the governor to pursue federal relief and support, a statement from the governor’s office said.
A 35-year-old man and his 4-year-old son were found dead Wednesday in a home in the garage of a home in west suburban Yorkville, police said Thursday morning.
In July, Kendall County Animal Control was asked by other county agencies to assist at a home that had several cats inside.
An Oswego man was killed in a single-vehicle crash near Route 126 and Identa Road in unincorporated Kendall County near Yorkville early Friday morning — the fourth fatal crash on Route 126 in recent months.
The plug has been pulled on a $1 billion highway project to connect I-88 to I-80 in the far western suburbs.
A 33-year-old married mother of two sent investigators scrambling after she told them she was sexually assaulted by a man posing as a cop. Police say it was a lie that cost taxpayers plenty.
A 33-year-old woman had told police she was pulled over by a fake cop Tuesday evening on a roadside in unincorporated Plano and sexually assaulted at gunpoint.
A man who was impersonating a police officer sexually assaulted a woman at gunpoint after pulling over her car in the far west suburbs, police said.
A rural Kendall County man has been charged with sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl he was babysitting at his home last fall.
Neighbors paid a tribute Wednesday night to the three teenagers who died when a truck struck their car Monday near Oswego.
Illinois State Police said it appears a teenage driver wasn’t paying attention when he pulled in front of a semi-trailer truck on Monday in Kendall County, causing a wreck that killed him and his two teenage passengers.
Three young Plainfield residents died Monday after a semi-trailer truck crashed into the car they were in and flipped over in unincorporated Kendall County near Oswego.
The Kendall County Sheriff’s Office is warning residents to beware of a potential phone scam.
A Montgomery man was in court Wednesday to fight charges he pushed a Kendall County Sheriff’s Deputy at a Wal-Mart store in Oswego, and ended up having a gun pointed at his chest.
Rusty water is again a problem in the Kendall County community of Boulder Hill.
Metra doesn’t have enough money to fix what’s breaking, But that’s not stopping the commuter rail agency from studying a possible extension in the far southwest suburbs.
People who live west of the Chicago area are raising a ruckus over the kind of water that’s been coming out of their taps for nearly two months – rusty water.
Three children were hit by broken glass Monday morning, after their school bus driver smashed into a stop sign in Kendall County.
The Kendall County sheriff’s office is warning residents about a jury duty scam that tries to get personal information from residents.
An Oswego man will spend the next two years in prison, after admitting to attacking and brutally beating another man because he was gay.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!