But what if the front office shake-up had happened a year or two earlier? What if Rick Hahn, who Guillen always got along with, had become GM sooner than he did? Is there a chance Guillen would still be the manager of the White Sox?
The White Sox supposedly have a progressive statistical GM with a manager willing to embrace a numbers-driven era. An organization with those in charge on the same page. The manager is willing, right?
It comes up just about every time Gavin Floyd pitches.
The former stepson of White Sox Executive Vice President Kenny Williams has been charged in connection with an alleged attack on a women early Saturday morning, the Sun-Times reports.
Armed with a new position in the White Sox organization, executive vice president Kenny Williams will soon have a new wife.
The White Sox traded Ken Williams Jr. to the Colorado Rockies for first baseman Mark Tracy.
The White Sox are prepared to move on to catcher Tyler Flowers if they have to.
In today’s baseball age, a debate centers around the use of objective vs. subjective scouting methods.
Those looking for White Sox general manager Kenny Williams to take a cheap shot at Ozzie Guillen in the wake of his firing from the Marlins should keep looking.
Kenny Williams has always had a thing for twilight.
Dan Johnson hit his first three homers of the season and Chicago added two more in the game as the White Sox routed the Cleveland Indians 9-0 on Wednesday night.
Well, the 2012 baseball season in Chicago has come to an end. For some, mercifully. For others, disappointingly.
The GM currently lives in the South Loop, but bought the 6,300-square-foot Gold Coast home near Rush and Oak streets with a little help from the White Sox.
Barring some miraculous turn of events this weekend, these are our final chances to reflect on the improbable 2012 White Sox.
According to a report, Kenny Williams is set to take a new role as White Sox President in 2013, with assistant general manager Rick Hahn moving up to GM.
Robin Ventura was a surprise pick for manager when White Sox GM Kenny Williams picked him to replace Ozzie Guillen last October, but Williams says he knew Ventura would be a good manager “about 17 years ago.”
Oh, hello, football. Didn’t see you there. How’ve you been? I hope well. You look good.
Whatever the response to the pointing out of you not showing up to games may be, let’s face it. You’re cheap, White Sox fans.
Normally the story is the high-priced talent that gives the Yankees an edge over nearly every other team in baseball, but this year the role players have told much of the story.
The White Sox general manager is dead serious about his struggle to enjoy the job of a Major League Baseball GM on a daily basis.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!