World Series aside, this may be Kenny Williams’ best season as White Sox general manager.
It’s no secret White Sox general manager Kenny Williams is one of the most aggressive GMs in the game.
Days before the Marlins headed to Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs, Guillen told the Sun-Times he felt backstabbed by certain members of the Chicago media. On Tuesday, he explained those feelings.
Clearly — based on what we have seen from both parties since last fall — the White Sox went in the right direction.
As of July 10, it looks like I was wrong. My prediction was on the high end of what everyone else was predicting and yet, it wasn’t high enough.
With the first half of the baseball season in the books, 670 The Score producer Chris Tannehill went into the studio and mixed together a fantastic 1st half White Sox recap.
Let’s hope the Mayans are just as inept in the art of prognostication as baseball observers.
The White Sox made an important move Sunday, adding third baseman Kevin Youkilis. Naturally, there is plenty of buzz about the deal in this week’s mailbag.
Be excited, White Sox and Cubs fans. You are both getting important players on your favorite teams’ rosters this week. Important doesn’t necessarily mean a cure-all, though.
As the White Sox were busy regaining first place in the AL Central, management was busy filling a hole at third base via trade. Former Red Sox, now White Sox, third baseman Kevin Youkilis was dealt during the eighth inning of the White Sox/Brewers pitchers’ duel.
The underlying theme throughout this season has been the lack of attendance from White Sox fans.
At some point a fact is a fact: the White Sox’s attendance issues are going to have an impact on what kind of improvements can be made in the next month and a half.
It seems more appropriate, and fun, to combine both rosters into one embarrassing, pathetic, and disturbing group.
In one of the developing, most interesting stories of the 2012 local baseball season, people are picking their sides.
Don’t look now, but the White Sox are suddenly just a game behind the Texas Rangers for the best record in the American League. That sure happened quickly.
Ventura is off to a great start, but he is far from a proven commodity. He has shown that he is a very comfortable manager to play for and that makes a big difference.
The 33-year-old Kevin Youkilis is certainly not the player he used to be, but could he fit in on the South Side?
It’s been interesting to look at the two fresh fish thrown into this baseball city, to slowly try to get a picture of who and what they will be.
Exactly one-week after being sent to the bullpen, general manager Kenny Williams made the announcement that Sale’s MRI came back clean and he will likely start Saturday against the Royals.
Everyone has an opinion on Chris Sale these days, mainly because no one really has any idea what’s going on with the left-hander.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!