President Barack Obama made a pitch for tighter firearms controls as well as economic measures that he says could improve young peoples’ safety in the long run.
Bond has been denied for the two purported gang members allegedly responsible for gunning down a 15-year-old honor student two weeks ago.
Two Chicago men have been charged with the murder of Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old high school honor student who was gunned down at a Kenwood neighborhood park late last month, only days after marching at President Obama’s inauguration.
Michelle Obama is planning to attend the funeral of a teenager who was shot and killed about a week after she had performed at the president’s inauguration.
Students at the Kenwood high school are taught traditional subjects through the lens of art. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
As Kenwood neighborhood residents gathered at a local high school to remember a slain honors student Friday, a group of Chicago ministers announced the reward for information helping find Hadiya Pendleton’s killer has risen to $30,000.
An emotional Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the 15-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Kenwood, a week after performing with her school band at President Obama’s inaugural, was “what is best in our city,” and the gunman who killed her was a “punk.”
An $11,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the gunman who killed an honor student in Kenwood, a week after she had performed with her school band at President Barack Obama’s inauguration in Washington.
A 15-year-old girl and two men are dead, and at least eight other people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city Tuesday, police said.
Two elderly people were injured in a fire in a high-rise building in the South Side Kenwood.
For much of the nation, Tuesday’s election was just another election, but for residents of the South Side, it was neighborhood news.
A teenage boy was shot about a block from President Obama’s home, in the second such incident in the past week.
A man and a 17-year-old boy have been charged in connection with the robbery and fatal shooting of a man sitting in a vehicle with his girlfriend in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood early Saturday.
It has been a terrifying and deadly weekend in Chicago, with at least seven people dead and at least 24 more wounded in shootings since Friday afternoon.
Police are warning taxi drivers to be on the alert after a string of armed robberies in cabs in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood.
President Obama returned to Chicago on Saturday doing well in the polls but now trailing Republican Mitt Romney in raising campaign cash.
President Barack Obama wore a tan suit and light-colored tie Saturday evening as he walked with his family to the wedding of Laura Jarrett, the daughter of senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.
South Side locals wonder whether they’ll get a glimpse of the First Family when President Obama camps out this weekend in his Kenwood neighborhood. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
A published report says between 100 and 200 Chicago Police officers will be off the streets Saturday to provide security for the wedding of top White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.
President Obama is returning to Chicago this weekend to attend the wedding of the daughter of his close adviser, Valerie Jarrett.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!