We know Kevin Durant is a nice guy, but maybe he should have proofread the text before allowing a tattoo artist to begin inking an intricate mural on his back.
The massive tornado that ripped through a handful of Oklahoma City suburbs and killed at least 50 people grabbed the attention of the sports world on Monday, especially the players and coaches with ties to the area.
With the game, series, or season on the line, would you rather have Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant on your squad?
With more than 50 wins for the New York Knicks and more than 27 points per game for himself, the numbers back Melo up. The Knicks won a division title, and Anthony will add the scoring title after the regular season ends Wednesday.
Chicagoans can be forgiven for assuming that their hard-ass NBA coach has burned out his connection to the team. It has happened before.
Russell Westbrook scored 23 points, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka both contributed double-doubles and the Thunder held Chicago to the worst shooting performance in the NBA this season, beating the Bulls 102-72 on Sunday night.
Boozer had a double-double in all four games last week — including wins against the Celtics, Hawks and Raptors — including 19 points and 20 rebounds against Boston on Friday.
Here is Nick Shepkowski’s notebook from Thursday’s Bulls-Thunder game.
Carlos Boozer had 24 points, 12 rebounds and five assists to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 94-89 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night.
The United States men’s basketball team defeated Argentina 109-83 on Friday and will play against Spain for the gold medal on Sunday.
LeBron James and the Miami Heat are one win away from an NBA championship.
The Heat have been here before, two wins from an NBA title. The difference now? LeBron James isn’t letting his head get in the way of his talent.
Kevin Durant scored 17 of his 36 points in the fourth quarter, Russell Westbrook added 27 points and 11 assists, and the Oklahoma City Thunder rallied from a 13-point deficit to beat the Miami Heat 105-94 on Tuesday night in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
Root for whichever team you want in this NBA Finals. I am not here to coax you toward either side because I am not on either side.
LeBron James versus Kevin Durant. It is the story of these NBA finals. One of them will emerge with his first championship and probably the title of best player in the game.
Oklahoma sports fans previously split their loyalties between OU and OSU, but now the state has become united behind OKC, as the Thunder prepare for the Heat in the NBA Finals.
After a labor related splintered season, the NBA Finals is quite the perfect storm. In a battle of epic meteorological proportions, the Thunder takes on the Heat. But more importantly, this is the matchup that seems to be the one most of the basketball universe wants to see.
Kevin Durant had 34 points and 14 rebounds while playing all of regulation for the first time all season, and the Oklahoma City Thunder claimed a spot in the NBA finals by beating the San Antonio Spurs 107-99 on Wednesday night.
Once Kevin Durant got going, the San Antonio Spurs couldn’t find a way to slow him down.
The Bulls may have finished the regular season with the NBA’s best record, but the team still couldn’t manage to land a single player on the three All-NBA teams.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!