Will Middlebrooks has evolved from the glove-only third baseman he once was into a much more well-rounded player who presents a legitimate threat at the plate.
There was an influx of both Chicago teams needing third basemen, and players available coming into Baseball’s Winter Meetings, and on Wednesday the logjam opened up.
In his first full week as White Sox general manager, Rick Hahn will have to make key financial decisions that will have a big impact on how the future of the team is shaped.
Kenny Williams has always had a thing for twilight.
The Chicago White Sox fell out of the AL Central lead for the first time in two months, walking 12 batters and losing to the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Wednesday night.
The Chicago White Sox left Angel Stadium the same way they arrived – looking for a big hit.
Adam Dunn said he feels fine and Jake Peavy was in good spirits after notching another win. The Chicago White Sox look ready for the stretch run, with a big test coming in less than 24 hours.
Max Scherzer pitched six effective innings to earn his career-high 16th win, Prince Fielder hit a three-run homer and the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 8-6 on Wednesday night to move within a game of the AL Central lead.
Max Scherzer allowed four hits in eight scoreless innings, and the Detroit Tigers pulled within a game of first place with a 5-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Saturday night.
White Sox rookie Dylan Axelrod took a three-hitter into the eighth inning and Chicago spoiled the Baltimore debut of Joe Saunders, scoring seven runs off the left-hander in an 8-1 victory over the Orioles on Wednesday night.
After blowing the 9th inning lead, the White Sox had a decision to make. Either fold and take the loss, or battle back and gain an extra game lead on Detroit. They chose the latter.
Chris Sale struck out 13 in 7 2-3 stellar innings to get his 15th victory, Alex Rios hit a go-ahead homer and the Chicago White Sox beat the New York Yankees 2-1 on Wednesday night to complete a three-game sweep in the meeting of division leaders.
Hard to tell where the Chicago White Sox might be without Kevin Youkilis. He’s been what they expected and needed when the veteran third baseman was acquired from Boston. And much more.
World Series aside, this may be Kenny Williams’ best season as White Sox general manager.
Jose Quintana snapped a five-start winless streak and the Chicago White Sox held off the Toronto Blue Jays 3-2 Tuesday night for a rare victory at Rogers Centre.
Jonny Gomes homered to tie the game, and Brandon Inge hit a go-ahead single as the Oakland Athletics scored twice in the eighth inning and beat the Chicago White Sox 9-7 on Saturday night.
Jeremy Guthrie picked up his first victory since late May, scattering five hits over eight innings in the Kansas City Royals’ 2-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
A.J. Pierzynski tied a White Sox record by homering in his fifth consecutive game, a go-ahead, two-run drive in the seventh inning off Jason Isringhausen that led Chicago over the Los Angeles Angels 4-2 Sunday.
At 3 p.m. CT on Tuesday afternoon, Major League Baseball’s non-waiver Trade Deadline passed with 19 teams within five games of postseason contention. For the first time ever, a record 10 clubs will earn an invite to MLB’s postseason dance.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!