A 56-year-old Lynwood man has been found murdered inside his home in south suburban Lynwood, and police are investigating his wife’s claims she was kidnapped.
Testimony in a federal drug conspiracy trial this week detailed a kidnapping-for-ransom scheme orchestrated by the victim’s granddaughter.
A 17-year-old girl escaped to safety this week after being kidnapped at a bus stop on the city’s West Side.
More details are emerging about an ordeal suffered by a 20-year-old woman, who was held captive inside a Jefferson Park neighborhood apartment for two months.
A woman was held for more than two months against her will and regularly abused by a former boyfriend who has been charged with attempted murder, kidnapping and domestic battery in the case, police said.
Prosecutors in Northwest Indiana say it will be some time before they get to the bottom of a bizarre crime yesterday involving a father and daughter.
A Chicago area father is pushing for a no-fly list for kids, because he says it could help parents whose children have been kidnapped. Michael Sanchez’s own daughter was taken away, all the way to Brazil, when she was kidnapped by her biological mother.
The man charged with kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Maria Ridulph more than 50 years ago made his first appearance in an Illinois courtroom on Thursday, a day after he was extradited from Seattle.
A kidnapping suspect used an unconventional and dangerous method of trying to avoid arrest early Monday – police said he tossed the newborn baby he was holding at two police officers responding to a domestic disturbance.
The mother of a kidnapped 4-year-old downstate girl says she is “very much overjoyed” that her daughter was found in Chicago.
A 48-year-old man was in custody on Monday, charged with kidnapping after he allegedly took his 4-year-old niece without her parents’ permission in downstate Mount Carmel over the weekend and was then found in downtown Chicago Monday afternoon.
The DeKalb County prosecutor said Tuesday that the man accused in the 1957 kidnapping and murder of a 7-year-old girl could be sent back to Illinois within weeks.
A Los Angeles music producer testified that gang members kidnapped him in 2008 and told him the reason was an “issue” with Shaquille O’Neal and his business partner.
Members of a Los Angeles street gang are facing charges in the 2008 beating of a man who claimed he had a sex tape of Shaquille O’Neal and that the former NBA star was behind the attack.
North suburban police are keeping an eye out for a white van that has triggered warnings to parents of school-age children.
Police say an 18-year-old north suburban woman was criminally involved in a March 30 hijacking that ended in the death of a man when the vehicle he took at knifepoint from an acquaintance crashed into a restaurant wall.
Sexual assault and kidnapping charges have been brought against a man accused of forcing a woman into his vehicle at gunpoint and attacking her.
A Naperville man lost $200,000 recently, after falling for a scam involving the fictitious kidnapping of a woman.
Police are looking for a man who tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl near Lake Shore Drive and Irving Park Road during the weekday morning rush earlier this month.
A motorist tried to abduct a little girl near a school bus stop this morning in west suburban Wheaton.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!