King College Prep High School
Gov. Pat Quinn has called for all of the state’s schools to hold annual drills to help students prepare for the possibility of a school shooting.
As Kenwood neighborhood residents gathered at a local high school to remember a slain honors student Friday, a group of Chicago ministers announced the reward for information helping find Hadiya Pendleton’s killer has risen to $30,000.
An $11,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the gunman who killed an honor student in Kenwood, a week after she had performed with her school band at President Barack Obama’s inauguration in Washington.
A 15-year-old girl and two men are dead, and at least eight other people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city Tuesday, police said.
About 500 students at King College Prep High School in the North Kenwood neighborhood staged a sit-in on Thursday, demanding the new principal; and an end to new rules that limit their access to the school, its labs, tutors, and teachers after normal school hours.
NBA Hall-of-Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar urged Chicago Public Schools students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!