A man who tried to rob three women with a knife in the River North area Thursday night was apprehended by police who spotted him downtown soon after the crimes.
Bond was set at $900,000 for a west suburban man charged with attempted murder after he was shot by police while wielding a knife early Saturday following a car accident in the Loop.
Four people were critically injured early Saturday when a police sergeant shot a driver armed with a knife after a car accident in the Loop.
Police say the suspect attacked the woman with the weapon in the Gold Coast neighborhood after a “verbal altercation” escalated.
Police in Calumet City were defending their actions Wednesday after officers shot and killed a 15-year-old boy, who has a form of autism, after he threatened them with a knife.
A south suburban man described as a savvy sex offender is in a lot of trouble.
A tense standoff with police early Wednesday left one man dead after police opened fire.
Authorities say an 11-year-old boy wearing a hooded sweat shirt and brandishing a knife robbed a convenience store.
The eldest of the two girls who held a boy against his will at knifepoint and sexually battered him will be tried as an adult.
Police officers in west suburban Naperville shot and killed a suicidal man who was threatening them with a large knife early Tuesday morning.
A suburban couple awoke to find the wife’s former girlfriend standing over their bed with a kitchen knife and telling someone by cell phone that she’d probably be going to prison for murder, the husband told police.
A 24-year-old Pingree Grove man was arrested early Saturday morning after he allegedly knifed several people outside the Tilted Kilt pub in northwest suburban Elgin.
Police shot a suspect who allegedly threatened officers with a knife early Thursday in the Uptown neighborhood.
An alleged knifeman free on $1 million bail for the alleged attempted murder of his girlfriend last year was arrested again Friday after he tried to kill her a second time, prosecutors say.
Parents are furious after a 5-year-old student is allowed to take the school bus after he brought a knife and threatened other students on it.
A man died after he was found with multiple stab wounds at his home.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!