Right-handed pitcher Philip Humber was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right elbow flexor strain and outfielder Kosuke Fukudome was designated for assignment.
It seems more appropriate, and fun, to combine both rosters into one embarrassing, pathetic, and disturbing group.
The realization of a dream finally has come true for the Danks brothers.
Don’t look now, but the White Sox are suddenly just a game behind the Texas Rangers for the best record in the American League. That sure happened quickly.
Philip Humber snapped out of his post-perfect game slump. This time, the rest of the Chicago White Sox let him down.
The White Sox head back to the Windy City from a solid road trip with a pair of milestones to celebrate alongside their home fans. They nearly had one more win to take along, too.
Alex Rios got three hits and drove in three runs Sunday as the Chicago White Sox completed a series sweep of the Seattle Mariners with a 7-4 victory.
Nolan Reimold homered for the fourth consecutive game and made a terrific diving catch in left field, helping the Baltimore Orioles beat the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Tuesday night.
J.D. Martinez hit a two-run homer and Brian Bogusevic added a solo shot for the Houston Astros, who played the Chicago White Sox to a 5-5 tie on Wednesday in the final exhibition game for both teams.
When it comes to his bad back, looks like the ball is no longer in Derrick Rose’s court. That’s a good thing.
The White Sox agreed to terms with former Cubs outfielder Kosuke Fukudome Tuesday on a one-year, $1 million contract that includes a club option for 2013.
Fausto Carmona allowed four hits over 8 1-3 innings and the Cleveland Indians beat the Chicago White Sox 4-1 on Wednesday night.
The Cubs traded outfielder Kosuke Fukudome to the Indians Thursday for outfielder Abner Abreu and right-handed pitcher Carlton Smith.
Just look carefully at how the narrative has changed since the U.S. women’s team blew the chance of a lifetime in a loss to a vastly inferior Japanese team in the World Cup final.
Regardless of any trades the Chicago Cubs make this season, the organization will likely have a few holes to fill going into 2012 as a result of expiring contracts.
“The bantering that goes on about how many people will be out of here is foolish.” – Jim Hendry
The Cubs hadn’t won a series since the end of May when the Mets were at Wrigley. The pitching duel turned out to be a slugfest as the Cubs took three of four from Milwaukee.
“We won today. If we win tomorrow, that’s two in a row. If we win the next day, that’s called a winning streak. It has happened before.” – Lou Brown, ‘Major League’
Kosuke Fukudome hit a lead-off home run, but the Chicago Cubs would only muster two more hits for the rest of the game and would eventually lose to the Houston Astros by a score of 3-1.
Last season, it seemed as if Tyler Colvin could be the Chicago Cubs’ right fielder of the future, but on Monday the team sent him to Triple-A Iowa to get more at-bats and more playing time.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!