There was a large amount of smoke and fire pouring from the attic space and roof of the first building, and part of the roof collapsed during the blaze.
Flames were visible from as far as 10 miles away as the fire raged at a large mansion-style home in the 15200 block of 163rd Street in Homer Glen.
American Airlines pilots will be holding an informational picket at O’Hare International Airport Thursday afternoon, in the midst of an ongoing labor dispute.
United Airlines ranks dead last in a U.S. Department of Transportation analysis of on-time performance for the month of July, according to a published report.
A bucket fell from the front end of a Bobcat construction vehicle onto the northbound lanes of the Tri-State Tollway early Tuesday, and ended up damaging several motorists’ cars.
Better traffic signals and speed bumps could be coming to your neighborhood, with the city’s first ever pedestrian safety plan now in effect.
Police in Schaumburg charged six people Thursday in connection with a five-hour standoff in which party-goers barricaded themselves inside an apartment and held one occupant against her will before SWAT officers forced their way in.
A family from San Francisco is furious, after their young daughter was stranded for hours at O’Hare International Airport as she flew alone to a camp in Michigan.
The Federal Aviation Administration has issued new restrictions on takeoffs and landings across the country, after three planes came dangerously close together in Washington, D.C.
A fire spread to six garages in the Andersonville neighborhood in a period of 15 minutes overnight.
Half of the counties in the entire country – and all but four in Illinois – have been declared disaster areas because of the ongoing drought.
Chicago drivers should expect to see some sticker shock at the gas pump very soon, as prices are expected to jump by as much as 35 cents.
Chicago cab drivers say it’s time for a fare increase, and they’re taking their argument to City Hall Tuesday.
Thousands of Chicago residents now have new garbage days, with the grid collection system expanding.
Traffic was disrupted early Monday when a water main broke and flooded busy Lincoln Avenue in the Lincoln Park-Old Town neighborhood.
A new report says many suburbs are transit-friendly – that is, hospitable for those who are not traveling with a car.
The number of deadly crashes on Illinois roads is up 9 percent from this time last year, according to a published report.
A woman and a teenage girl were killed and five more – a firefighter among them – were injured early Wednesday in an apartment fire in Gary, Ind.
The cause remains under investigation for a fire that ripped through three apartment buildings in the Lawndale neighborhood.
Metra wants to make your commute more comfortable, whether you’re on your computer or in the can.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!