A bicyclist was recovering in the hospital Tuesday morning, after he was struck by a Brown Line ‘L’ train on the city’s Northwest Side.
For whatever reason, tonight’s date is going to be car-less. And that’s okay! If you’re up for a little transit of the public manner, you can reach all sorts of destinations in the city. In fact, we’ve laid out a date where you can hit stops all over the city, and barely walk farther than you would to find the nameless one-way street you left your car on during the last date.
A man was hurt Monday evening when he stumbled and fell between two train cars on the Loop ‘L.’
A 27-year-old Glenview man was hit and killed by a Red Line ‘L’ train in Rogers Park early Thursday.
A Lakeview man says he’s done giving money to panhandlers, after he was attacked and knocked to the ground by a beggar who didn’t think $2 was enough.
Another passenger was robbed of an iPhone on the ‘L’ Wednesday, but this time, passengers stepped in and caught the suspect.
Nearly a year has passed since the Chicago Transit Authority began testing the prototypes for its newest ‘L’ cars in everyday service.
Two teenage boys were arrested early this morning and charged as juveniles, after allegedly assaulting one man and robbing another on a Red Line train in the Loop.
CTA this spring will use proceeds from a federal Homeland Security grant to equip half of its rail car fleet with security cameras.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!