The Chicago Transit Authority is planning to add service on its most congested bus and ‘L’ lines, but 12 routes with low ridership are set to get the axe.
CTA riders can breathe a little easier now when they spot an ‘L’ car that appears to be ready to leave without them as they’re racing to the platform.
The Chicago Transit Authority is stepping up inspections of track, using special trains that spray water on overheated rails and is working aggressively to keep air conditioning working aboard its trains and in its trackside switch houses to deal with the extreme heat.
Brown Line riders in Lincoln Park and South Lakeview will have to hoof it to Belmont or Fullerton Wednesday and Thursday, as the Chicago Transit Authority closes the two stops in between to accommodate the demolition of the charred remains of Roy’s Furniture Company.
Police are warning of a rash of armed robberies targeting CTA Green Line ‘L’ riders in the South Austin neighborhood.
What happens to smart phones that are ripped from the hands of robbery victims? 2 Investigator Dave Savini talks with authorities about the pipeline of stolen merchandise.
Even if a new car isn’t in the market for you, you’ll soon get that new car feeling from the Chicago Transit Authority.
Chicago Transit Authority president Forrest Claypool says the agency is doing what it can to end the rampant employee absenteeism that can lead to long waits for passengers.
If you’re tried of sitting in delays on the Loop ‘L,’ a fellow rider has a plan to speed things up.
The Guardian Angels are stepping up their anti-crime patrols aboard CTA ‘L’ trains and at ‘L’ stations in response to the recent rash of smart phone robberies.
The newest rapid transit cars on the CTA are heading back to the transit agency’s most heavily-used route.
Officials at the CTA, Metra and Pace say they are striving for normal weekday service today.
CTA officials say the trusty ‘L’ is Chicagoans’ best bet for getting around in the blizzard, but the rapid transit service has not been spared problems.
The Chicago Transit Authority will soon be keeping a closer eye on you, and your safety, if you ride the ‘L.’
Starting next month, the Chicago Transit Authority is offering a new service that will allow commuters to track the arrival times of their trains. Commuters are looking forward to it.
The CTA will soon add a Train Tracker service similar to its popular Bus Tracker, the agency’s president announced.
CTA riders on the Brown, Orange and Green lines may experience delays in the Loop this weekend as upgrades continue on the signal system.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!