It’s the dirty little hidden danger of riding public transportation.
The price of a one-day pass will nearly double, from $5.75 to $10. A three-day pass that now costs $14 will cost $20. The seven-day pass will increase in price from $23 to $28 and the 30-day pass will increase in price from $86 to $100.
Power was shut off to the CTA Red Line in the Rogers Park and Edgewater neighborhoods Friday morning, when a woman fell off the platform at the Howard terminal.
The Chicago Transit Authority is putting two proposed rapid transit extensions on hold as it tries to cope with its latest financial crisis.
While users’ descriptions of the Chicago ‘L” system might range from efficient to frustrating, would one really call it romantic? Actually, a recent study by Craigslist says yes.
The Guardian Angels have descended on the CTA Green Line ‘L’ in Oak Park, since five women have been beaten or robbed in recent weeks.
A minor derailment caused major delays on the Red, Brown and Purple ‘L’ lines Tuesday morning.
Cubs manager Mike Quade has won the respect of a sports columnist in Des Moines for choosing the ‘L’ as his mode of transportation to work.
Chicago Transit Authority President Rich Rodriguez apologized Thursday after many CTA trains were delayed or crowded to capacity when commuters began returning to work in the wake of this week’s blizzard.
Red Line ‘L’ passengers were delayed Tuesday morning, after a person was seen on the tracks at the Granville stop in Edgewater.
The CTA’s newest ‘L’ cars are on the move again.
The last major holdout among cell phone firms has signed a contract with CTA to hook up reception in its two major subways.
Riding the Loop ‘L’ this weekend could leave you a bit disoriented.
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.125
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!