Conditions will be sunny and comfortable with low humidity Wednesday, but look for the blazing heat to return as the weekend approaches.
The storms that might have woken you up in the wee hours have gone on their way, leaving sunny skies and close to the lake, pleasantly cool temperatures.
Most of the Chicago area has finally caught a break from the extreme heat, and even see a rip of thunder and a torrent of rain before the day is through.
The triple-digit heat wave is over at last, a breath of outdoor air no longer feels like a breath of Jello, and walking for miles outside is no longer misery-inducing experience.
If you’re seeing brown grass and dusty soil, it’s not your imagination – it’s bone dry out there.
The temperature has cooled down from the sweltering 90s that have been hanging around since the weekend, but conditions remain bone dry after the rain missed most of the area on Monday.
This Cubs Opening Day won’t be setting any records for cold, but it will require a jacket – and your plants will require protection overnight as a freeze threatens the area.
Temperatures will rise to the lower 70s in some outlying areas Monday, but will hover in the 50s and 60s along the lake as a breeze keeps conditions cool.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!