As of midday Thursday, a Michigan couple promoting awareness of postpartum depression were 41 miles into their swim across Lake Michigan.
A Chicago woman is back home after going all around Lake Michigan in a rowboat to raise money for charity.
A woman visiting from Texas performed CPR on a 60-year-old man she found unresponsive in the waters of Lake Michigan on Sunday in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
Swimmers take note — forecasters are predicting an increased risk of rip currents along the Lake Michigan coasts of Illinois and northwest Indiana through Saturday.
Dr. Donald Liu, a Chicago surgeon who devoted his life to saving the lives of children, died Sunday as he tried to rescue two young boys in Lake Michigan.
In a Chicago summer that’s broken all kinds of heat records, another one has fallen.
An increase in bacteria levels in Lake Michigan has resulted in some warnings for swimmers.
A Chicago woman on a rowing mission says she won’t be deterred by a sexual attack on her over the weekend in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
A 6-year-old boy was in serious condition Tuesday morning, after being pulled from Lake Michigan by his even younger brother at the South Side’s Rainbow Beach.
A missing woman’s body was recovered from Lake Michigan on Sunday after a seven-hour search near north suburban Lake Forest.
Emergency crews rescued a group of boaters after their vessel caught fire in Lake Michigan early Sunday.
Fire paramedics have taken two people to the hospital after they were rescued from Lake Michigan at North Avenue Beach Saturday afternoon.
A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition Friday morning after he was pulled from Lake Michigan.
The body of a 15-year-old boy has been found along the lake shore in the Indiana Dunes, about a day and a half after he disappeared.
Divers, helicopters and rescue teams combed the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore for most of Monday, in search of an Indiana teenager who vanished while swimming in Lake Michigan.
Water temperatures in the southern part of Lake Michigan reached a “remarkable” 80 degrees Friday — sooner than any other year thanks to a warm winter combined with July’s searing heat wave.
Move over San Francisco and watch out New York — Chicago is now the second best city in the U.S. and Canada, according to Travel+Leisure magazine.
A man’s body was pulled from Lake Michigan Thursday morning, after he was reported missing.
The Chicago Police Marine Unit has a word of warning for boaters and swimmers.
A couple and their 4-year-old child had to be rescued after they fell off a raft in Lake Michigan Wednesday evening.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 5 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 5 hours ago