Lake Shore Drive
Three teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.
(CBS) — Big chunks of concrete crumbled Monday onto lower Lake Shore Drive, hitting and injuring a woman on the sidewalk below. The latest incident happened just north of Randolph, CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports. […]
A blunt warning tonight to the City of Chicago: Replace the crumbling bridges.
Less than 24 hours after CBS 2 reported on falling concrete from a Lake Shore Drive overpass falling on a local family’s car, city crews were at the overpass, getting rid of more loose concrete.
A big chunk of concrete smashed into the hood of a Chicago area family’s car as they were driving in Streeterville this week.
A 32-year-old man has been charged with felony drunk driving, after his SUV slammed into a minivan late Sunday night, critically injuring the woman driving the van.
Despite efforts by the city to clear the homeless out of the Wilson Avenue underpass on Lake Shore Drive, a couple remain defiant. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with them.
Families and friends of two men allegedly killed by an off-duty police officer driving the wrong way held a protest and vigil Monday. CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
harges have been filed against a North Chicago Police officer, for his role in a fatal hit and run crash. Investigators believe alcohol was a factor in the accident that killed friends Fabian Torres and Joaquin Garcia on Lake Shore Drive early Friday.
A North Chicago police officer was driving the wrong way early Friday on Lake Shore Drive, causing a three-vehicle collision that left two Chicago men dead.
Six people were hurt when a wrong-way driver plowed into three other vehicles on Lake Shore Drive in the North Side Lake View neighborhood late Friday.
Michael Adams, of East Chicago, was driving along Lake Shore Drive near the Museum of Science and Industry on Wednesday afternoon, when he saw a young man attack a woman along the Lakefront Bike Path.
Police are investigating a murder on a major expressway ramp right by Chicago’s convention center on Friday morning.
The Chicago area could get as much as an inch of snow overnight, according to the National Weather Service. The snow could reduce visibility to under a mile at times.
It’s already one of the more dangerous parts of Lake Shore Drive. Now the curve at Oak Street Beach is even more challenging for drivers to navigate.
A motorist driving the wrong way on Lake Shore Drive crashed into a vehicle, causing its driver to suffer injuries early Friday.
The resurfacing project on the north end of Lake Shore Drive is ahead of schedule, thanks to warm and dry weather.
A popular route onto Lake Shore Drive will close next month for some much needed repairs.
A crash sent a taxi flying into the guardrail alongside North Lake Shore Drive overnight.
A man was shot and wounded Monday night on the busy stretch of Hollywood Avenue in the Edgewater neighborhood, where thousands of commuters head to and from Lake Shore Drive night and day.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!