Lake Shore Drive
Patience is the buzzword this Saturday morning as motorists hit the roadways.
Zero Hour arrives at midnight Friday, shutting down South Lake Shore Driver through the weekend.
With less than a week to go until the NATO summit, there are growing signs of the extra security that’s going into place in time for the arrival of NATO delegates this weekend.
Parking restrictions and other security measures for the NATO summit next Sunday have already started going into effect.
With less than a month until the NATO summit in Chicago, the alderman whose ward will be most affected by security efforts was urging people to leave town during the summit, but the city’s top cop was downplaying potential disruptions.
Northbound Lake Shore Drive was closed just before the morning rush began Friday after a crash.
The Illinois Attorney General’s office is suing a North Lake Shore Drive condo association in a dispute over dogs.
Crews began work on Tuesday to relocate U.S. 41 through the old USX steel mill site on the South Side, essentially extending Lake Shore Drive eight blocks farther south.
Three people were injured Sunday morning in a crash on Lake Shore Drive.
Michael Jordan’s mansion and estate in Highland Park is no longer the only Jordan property up for sale.
For the first time, organizers of May’s NATO summit have laid out some details of security and crowd control plans that will be in place downtown and near McCormick Place.
Just as the morning rush began, all but one lane was blocked at the north end of northbound Lake Shore Drive following an accident.
The deaths Friday of two men — one in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood and another in northwest suburban Streamwood — were due in part from exposure to the cold.
In a headline that is becoming all too familiar, three people are hurt – one critically – after a wrong-way driver slammed into multiple vehicles, this time on Lake Shore Drive.
A Hazel Crest woman stands charged with trying to slam her car into a bicycle police officer in downtown Chicago, after the officer tried to pull her over.
A 24-year-old woman was killed and her passenger critically injured Sunday morning when she lost control of the car she was driving on Lake Shore Drive on the South Side, police said.
The Emanuel administration is making important safety information for high-rise buildings available online, after a woman died in a horrific fire last month.
Two people were left in critical condition early Friday when a wrong-way driver smashed into a car on the ramp from the Stevenson Expressway to Lake Shore Drive.
Temperatures have been above average all week, and the only snow in sight is the occasional oil and dirt-streaked leftover from more than a week ago. What a difference a year makes.
A fire this month that killed a woman in a Lake Shore Drive high-rise is drawing renewed attention to the question of the safety of such buildings.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!