Two teenagers were killed when the SUV they rode in crashed into a tree Monday night in north suburban Antioch, according to the Lake County Sheriff’s office.
Police fatally shot a man following a barricade situation Monday night in a west suburban home where he fired shots at officers investigating a hit-and-run crash.
A semi-trailer truck flipped over Wednesday morning in Addison, shutting down a busy entrance ramp to northbound I-355.
Services have been all but shut down at an HIV/AIDS service center on the city’s West Side for the past two weeks, after vandals stole copper from the building and left it without electricity or air conditioning.
A 52-year-old woman was trying to cross a West Side street when she was hit by a car that didn’t stop. Now she’s fighting for her life, hospitalized in critical condition.
Five people were in police custody Thursday morning after a police pursuit that ended in the West Side’s South Austin neighborhood.
Chicago Police hope surveillance pictures help lead them to one of three weekend mob attacks on people downtown.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was on hand Thursday for the grand opening of the new Morgan ‘L’ station on the Green and Pink lines – the first new ‘L’ stop to open in 18 years.
It is unclear whether a strip club will open as scheduled next door to a Roman Catholic convent in west suburban Stone Park.
Michigan Avenue was briefly shut down between Lake and Madison streets due to police activity.
On his first anniversary as Chicago’s Mayor, Rahm Emanuel and developers have announced a new office building to be built in the West Loop, the first in several years.
The Lake County, Ind., coroner is set to examine some human bones, which were found in a wooded area near a junkyard in Lake Station.
Three armed robbers and a store clerk were wounded in a shootout with police Wednesday night in the West Side Austin neighborhood.
A Loop bank branch that has been the target of several robberies was hit again Thursday morning by a man wearing a construction vest and scarf, police said.
Some Roman Catholic nuns are trying to stop a planned strip club in west suburban Stone Park, but the owner of the establishment says they shouldn’t judge him.
A man was shot twice in the head at a northwest suburban nightclub early Sunday, around the same time that he was observed arguing with someone in the foyer of the club, police said.
Some nuns in western suburban Stone Park are working to keep a strip club from opening next to their convent.
A teen was hospitalized early Sunday after he was shot in the foot in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.
Two men are on the loose right now, after apparently impersonating police officers to steal a car.
A man who robbed a Loop bank branch on Friday is suspected of hitting the same bank at least two other times in the past two months, authorities said.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!