A bank was robbed Friday morning at Wabash Avenue and Lake Street downtown.
A huge construction parade is marching south down Wacker Drive starting Tuesday, as city engineers reopen Washington Street and close Madison Street to begin the second phase of reconstruction.
A fire overnight destroyed two storage towers at a warehouse on the city’s West Side.
Another woman was robbed last night in Oak Park, following at least four similar incidents in the past month.
The city is advising drivers to stay away from Wacker Drive and Lake Street tomorrow, as more than 1,100 cubic yards of concrete are hauled in to rebuild the roadway.
A serial robber has been terrorizing women in Oak Park, but one of the victims was able to provide enough information for police to create a sketch of the suspect.
Police in west suburban Oak Brook were looking for a man who has attacked three women on the street in the past week.
A person was critically injured this morning in a fire on the city’s West Side.
CHICAGO (STMW) – At least five people were wounded early Saturday in apparently unrelated shootings throughout the city. Two men were critically wounded about 12:05 a.m. in a shooting in the 6700 block of South […]
The city is making changes to ease the congestion that has resulted from the Wacker Drive reconstruction project.
Police are asking for help from the public in finding an 11-year-old girl who was reported missing in the South Austin neighborhood.
The body of a man found in a Dumpster at a west suburban paper recycling company Monday morning could have come from any of several recycling sites in Chicago, police said Tuesday.
A man who was found dead in the hallway of a West Side building Wednesday morning died of a gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled a homicide.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!