A 21-year-old South Side man has been charged with multiple felonies, after allegedly attacking another man, then throwing himself through a glass pane to evade arrest and injuring an officer in the process, near Clark and Belmont several hours after the Gay Pride Parade.
A Chicago Police officer was cut and injured, and at least one other person was reportedly stabbed, when revelry apparently got out of hand in the Clark and Belmont district in Lakeview – long after the vast majority of the crowd out for the Gay Pride Parade had gone home.
Panera is transforming a store in Lakeview into one of its “pay what you can” shops, with menus that list only suggested donations, not set prices.
When it comes to nitpicking, Carrie Madej can do it with the best of them.
Chicago police and fire investigators are looking into several overnight Dumpster fires on the North Side.
A Chicago man was arrested late Tuesday night in Lakeview, while working as a cabbie – in someone else’s cab.
There were some scary moments over the weekend, as flames covered the roof of a condo building in the East Lakeview neighborhood.
City officials said Monday that a door left open by a Lakeview couple fleeing a high-rise fire helped spread the deadly blaze and an elevator malfunction slowed firefighters’ ability to get to the fire right away.
A 32-year-old woman was killed and nine others, including two firefighters, injured early Sunday in a fire at a high-rise apartment building in the Lakeview neighborhood.
In a statement posted Friday on the Archdiocese Website, George said he was ‘deeply sorry for the hurt that my remarks have brought to the hearts of gays and lesbians and their families.’
A man swore at a judge just before he was sentenced to 60 years in prison Thursday for the murder of a Lakeview restaurant manager.
A man implying he had a weapon robbed a Lakeview bank branch inside a Jewel-Osco grocery Saturday afternoon on the North Side.
The bride wore white as an Iowa couple marched down the aisle as scheduled in Chicago Saturday, but it almost didn’t happen that way.
A man implying a weapon robbed a Lakeview bank branch inside a Jewel-Osco grocery Saturday afternoon on the North Side.
The decorative iron grates at the base of trees in the city are heavy — up to 175 pounds – and they’re in plain view. But that’s not stopping thieves. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
A Lakeview man says he’s done giving money to panhandlers, after he was attacked and knocked to the ground by a beggar who didn’t think $2 was enough.
One person was killed and another critically injured in a fire in a Lake View apartment unit early Friday evening, fire officials said.
Some residents in the Lakeview neighborhood want a new restaurant shut down. They say Centro brought noise and crime onto their street, but the restaurant says it’s being unfairly targeted.
Five people were killed and at least 22 others were wounded in violence across the city between Friday morning and early Monday morning.
Have you ever woken up on a Saturday morning craving a delicious brunch where you could comfortably show up with two kids in tow? Then check out these Chicago, family-friendly brunch hotspots!
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!