Hidden in the brush-off Lance Briggs gave the media yesterday is a much larger issue facing a team trying to push one side of the ball into modernity while keeping another rooted in the past.
Bears linebacker Lance Briggs is still getting used to life without his old buddies.
Bears linebacker Lance Briggs is taking a different approach in responding to Jason Collins’ announcement in Sports Illustrated today.
The Bears are in the process of trying to find a head coach because of their inability to build a consistent offense in the Lovie Smith tenure.
Here are my grades following the Bears’ 26-24 win over the Lions Sunday at Ford Field:
If the Bears lose to the Lions Sunday in Detroit, it could be the end of an era. It could be the last time they play for head coach Lovie Smith.
An Olympic runner turns “street walker,” possibly the worst free throw ever and another Bear joins the “blame the fans” bandwagon. It’s all this week in That Thing You Missed. Boo Hoo! Photo Credit: Stacy Revere/Getty […]
Days later, Lance Briggs is standing up for his teammate, saying no team in the NFL receives such harsh criticism from their hometown crowd.
Count Lance Briggs among those who took exception to Packers’ tight end Jermichael Finley’s comments regarding Brian Urlacher.
Adrian Peterson rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Vikings to a win over the Bears.
The perception is that the Bears’ defense is growing old and incompetent before our very eyes.
While Lovie Smith’s team wasn’t eliminated by the Seahawks Sunday, it was beaten and exposed. This one looked bad.
One day after Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall said he’s heard of players using Viagra as a performance enhancing drug, teammate Lance Briggs chimed in with a little humor on the subject.
Here’s what Laurence Holmes saw, heard and was told since the Bears lost to the San Francisco 49ers Monday night.
The national embarrassment the Bears are currently enduring just got worse.
Here’s a look at the players who are having the most emphasis on the defensive side of the ball.
It’s telling that before being named NFC defensive player of the week in consecutive games for his performance against Jacksonville and Detroit, Charles Tillman had not been recognized for his work since 2005.
Though he’s been playing one of the world’s most violent sports at the highest level for more than a decade, Briggs isn’t quitting until he accomplishes his goal.
This all starts with Lovie Smith. It’s his philosophy, his culture, his kind of players, his results.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!