There’s no doubt that there must be a consistent level of production from the offense. But it’s still the defense that must fire on all cylinders for the Bears to reach the heights this season.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following their 34-18 win over the Cowboys Monday night.
By Dan Bernstein CBSChicago.com Senior Columnist (CBS) When you win, it’s cute to be a jerk. It also helps when your performance on the field cashes the checks written by another bout of childish behavior, […]
Through three games of the 2012 season, the Bears defense is proving that it’s still good enough to win this year and, maybe more importantly, the future might not be as dire as it seems.
Finally! Peace and quiet around Halas Hall as the focus shifts to Sunday’s visit from the St. Louis.
As we count down to Bourbonnais, a panel of 15 670 The Score hosts, reporters and producers ranked their top 10 most important Bears players for the 2012 season.
After a successful offseason from first-year general manager Phil Emery, Briggs thinks the Bears have all the pieces in place to meet those expectations.
There haven’t been many complaints about the moves the Bears made in the offseason and that’s because it is pretty evident the roster has been upgraded.
The third and final week of OTAs will conclude Thursday at Halas Hall and when they do, it will be three complete weeks without starting running back Matt Forte.
It’s the middle of May and training camp is still 2-plus months away. That means it’s the perfect time to look at the Chicago Bears and assess their prospects for the 2012 season.
Through the draft, trades and free agency, the Bears added key players like Brandon Marshall, Jason Campbell, Michael Bush and Shea McClellan. Though, most of the focus this year has been on the offensive side of the ball.
We still know little about Phil Emery, but the guy knows how to buy himself the benefit of the doubt, and quickly.
Lance Briggs’ recent extension is even more proof that the Bears are willing to play hard ball with the Pro Bowl running back.
The Bears and Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs have agreed on a one-year contract extension, the team announced Wednesday.
Sean Jensen of the Chicago Tribune joined The Boers and Bernstein Show to discuss the possibility of trading Briggs to the New York Giants in exchange for Osi Umenyiora.
The Bears defensive end was added to the NFC roster Monday as a replacement for Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who will be playing in the Super Bowl instead.
The end of the 2011 season looked grim for the Bears, but could 2012 bring a fresh start?
Briggs, however, took Pro Bowl selections to another level when he was selected to his seventh-straight Pro Bowl late Tuesday night.
Despite a five-game losing streak that has seen the Bears knocked out of the playoffs, five players have been selected to the 2012 Pro Bowl.
The struggling Bears say they have to “take a stand” against the Green Bay Packers when they head up to Wisconsin on Christmas Day.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!