To one NFL expert, the Bears loss was simple. It marked the end of a season that once looked so promising.
They can’t count on that again. There are countless storylines for this game, including whether the offense can put points on the board. Along with that here’s what I think is interesting.
Losing a football game on a Haily Mary is one of the most disappointing and discouraging ways to lose. When that Hail Mary is the only touchdown scored in the game, it makes it all the worse.
Sunday it was the Bears making the statement, bringing the Lions back down to Earth with a 37-13 pounding at Soldier Field.
Charles Tillman and Major Wright returned interceptions for touchdowns early in the third quarter, and the Bears picked off Matthew Stafford four times to beat the Detroit Lions 37-13 in a heated game on Sunday.
Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs may be in their early 30s, but don’t tell them they are old.
With a 30-24 victory over the heavily favored Philadelphia Eagles, the Bears put themselves on track for their second straight playoff appearance.
The McNeil and Spiegel Show’s Over/Unders for Bears at Eagles on Monday Night Football:
On the heels of the Bears win in London, linebacker Lance Briggs was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
The votes are in and the McNeil and Spiegel Show has awarded their weekly game ball to Matt Forte.
Matt Forte ran for 145 yards and a touchdown and the Chicago Bears held on to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-18 on Sunday in the fifth annual NFL regular-season game at Wembley Stadium.
Briggs says a rift is developing between the players and management.
Bears GM Jerry Angelo isn’t buying the idea that his defense is too old to play at an elite level, though.
After giving up 543 total yard to the Panthers last week, the Bears followed that up by surrendering 395 yards of total offense to the Lions an a national embarrassment on Monday Night Football.
Should Devin Hester really be considered a legitimate Hall of Fame candidate? One Hall of Fame quarterback seems to think so.
Devin Hester set an NFL record with his 11th punt return for a touchdown, Forte ran for a career-high 205 yards and the Bears beat Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers 34-29 on Sunday.
Lance Briggs made it clear just a few weeks ago he wanted to be traded if the Chicago Bears wouldn’t restructure his contract. He hasn’t stopped making big statements since then. He’s just delivering them on the field.
The Packers shut down Jay Cutler and the Bears, who lost 27-17 Sunday.
It’s strange to think this, but this is a big game for the Bears, beyond the usual Chicago vs. Green Bay storyline.
Bears linebacker Lance Briggs says he doesn’t care if he has to pay a fine for donning some patriotic gear when the Bears play their season opener this coming Sunday.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!