The White Sox have announced they will bring in designated outfielder Lastings Milledge, and are buying the minor-league contract of pitcher Jeff Gray.
After playing an exhibition game against Class A Winston-Salem, Ozzie Guillen has set his team’s roster to fit the 25-man limit for Opening Day.
Seven earned runs and and 4 walks in Thursday’s 8-7 White Sox loss to the Cubs, likely aren’t going to cost Phil Humber a chance at breaking camp as the team’s 5th starter. Barring an incredible recover by Jake Peavy or an acquisition of some kind (both highly unlikely), Humber will still be the guy.
Lastings Milledge knows what it feels like to have high expectations. He’s “been all over” as he told Laurence Holmes about his pursuit of a position on the Chicago White Sox.
The White Sox’s power at bat has been proven Thursday in their split-squad game against the Rockies. Chicago doubled Colorado’s score with their 16 hits.
John Danks didn’t allow the Dodgers to score while he was on the mound Sunday. Los Angeles was only able to score one run in the seventh inning while the Sox kept the runs coming.
Friday was the first meeting of the Cubs and White Sox to spark this season’s rivalry and the Southside struggled against Ryan Dempster. The Cubs held a 3-0 lead through the ninth inning before the White Sox could put some runs on the board.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!