Regular season games don’t get much bigger than this one.
Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs may be in their early 30s, but don’t tell them they are old.
Another big game for the Bears as they travel to take on Philadelphia tonight. If the Bears can find a way to win, they put themselves in a great spot to continue the playoff race. A loss with a rested Detroit coming in next week makes things more difficult. Here are the matchups I’m looking at:
The bye week is over and the Bears are getting back to business. Let’s see what’s on your mind as the Bears get ready for a big matchup with the Eagles.
Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz doesn’t view tight ends like most NFL coaches.
If Monday was a “must have”, then Sunday is a must win. If the Bears were to lose against Minnesota, they would drop to 2-4, with all four losses coming in the NFC. It would also make them 0-3 in the division. When it comes to tie-breaker math, that ain’t good. So here’s what I’m watching for Sunday night:
Bears cornerback Charles Tillman — who is in his ninth season in the NFL — says you won’t be able to find tape of him making the perfect tackle.
Wins are supposed to feel good. Other than the victory itself, Sunday felt like a cryptic clue to a treasure hunt. As each week goes along, you’re stuck with the question: Who are these guys?
It’s only Week 4, but don’t get it twisted, this is a big game for the Bears. You don’t want to have a three-game losing streak and you don’t want to lose an NFC game at home.
The last two games have been interesting and have led to some interesting questions from you. Let’s open up the mailbag and see what we can figure out.
Through two games, Jay Cutler has been sacked 11 times. Beyond getting sacked, Cutler’s been touched up quite a bit.
The balance, protection and production that the Bears saw last week vs. the Falcons was absent against the Saints. Gregg Williams and the New Orleans defense brought continuous pressure and it put the Bears on their heels.
The final installment of Laurence Holmes’ Superhero Football Team: Team Marvel’s defense.
In this imaginary world, I wanted to try to resemble how an NFL team would pick starters. You may agree, you may not. Either way, have a little fun and tweak my list or create your own.
With the regular season underway, I’m excited to see what’s on your mind. So let’s get started with this week’s mailbag.
The preseason is over and it’s time to get down to business. Here are a few things that I’ll be looking for when the Bears host the Falcons Sunday on the lakefront.
In Part II of his Superhero Football Team series, Laurence Holmes takes a look at Team DC’s offense.
Sources have indicated to the Score that the Bears offer to Forte is less than the 3-year, $21 million extension that Frank Gore got from the 49ers. Gore received $13.5 million in guaranteed money.
I’ve taken my love for football and my love for comics and tried to combine them. In putting together the team, I tried to make it to scale with the bigger players closest to the ball.
The bizarre game of chicken between Lance Briggs & the Bears continues, but it seems as though, Briggs is the only one playing.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7330
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!